Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• littlerock
    • By littlerock 18th Oct 16, 12:08 PM
    • 810Posts
    • 119Thanks
    No Internet access on VM in SW London since last week - anyone else?
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:08 PM
    No Internet access on VM in SW London since last week - anyone else? 18th Oct 16 at 12:08 PM
    We returned from holiday last week to find we had no internet access via our VM broadband cable link in SW London. We still don't. The VM Service status message says "Problems with logging out, Engineer on the way." This is not a personal message to us but a general one and seems meaningless - it is not a logging out problem it is a no internet problem - and it has been there at least for 4 days, maybe longer.

I rang the Customer Service Line and got a pre-recorded message which says "Sorry you are having intermittent broadband internet problems. This is a really complex issue and taking a little longer than usual to fix." It is not intermittent, it is not working at all.

I then spoke to the Indian Call Centre who said there was a local outage and that the current estimated fix date is 21 October, which will mean we have had at least a week with no internet service maybe more (it must have started while we were away.) No rebate on the bill was offered.

I could not get the Call Centre op to tell me what the problem was, who else is affected and why it is taking so long to fix. I really need it as I work from home. I also use gmail so cannot see that either. (I am using my emergency Vodafone dongle to send this - my phone plan is quite modest for data as I am usually working at home.)

Anyone got any update on this?
    Last edited by littlerock; 18-10-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Page 1
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 18th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    • 7,912 Posts
    • 2,888 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    No rebate is offered - you MUST ask for it. I've had rebates for outages of 2 days! Business use is not covered, so if mission critical a dongle with a 6Gb PAYG limit will see you through most things. I buy on eBay at a cost of 18.
    Last edited by Buzby; 18-10-2016 at 12:13 PM.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 18th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    • 22,971 Posts
    • 9,019 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:15 PM
    You need to be more pro-active complaining, Dad phones them if the TV goes of for mere minutes. And often gets the month free.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 18th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 810 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    OK I signed early today up for free text updates on the status of the problem. I got one,at 8.45am this morning, saying: "There is a problem with logging out in your area, engineer on the way". Chance would be a fine thing, we have no internet to log out of. Certainly no engineer visit booked. Must be a generic message.

Account is in OH's name. While at work, around 3.30pm today, he got a text message from VM telling him problem was now fixed. He showed me this when he got in just now. I did not get any update, nothing since original text message since this morning.

It is not fixed here. We still have no internet. I turned everything off and on again. No joy. The error message still says err_internet_disconnected. I reran the VM tests. Says our connection not working at present try later.

OH's text message said: "Text Help if it is still not working". He did. Response has just come back: "Sorry it looks like you are still experiencing an outage. We'll get back to you when we have resolved it."

I hope this does not mean we are now at the back of a new queue.
    Last edited by littlerock; 18-10-2016 at 5:51 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,219Posts Today

7,557Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just come from physio. I've a level two hamstring tear. I'm gutted.The last time I missed my 10000-steps a day target was 20/9/15

• RT @taraevans: He did it first in June, now @MartinSLewis warns Vodafone customers to check their bills after it is fined £4.6m https://t.c?

• RT @BBCBusiness: We?re seeking people who've never switched energy providers to come meet @MartinSLewis in our London studio on Monday. @ r?

• Follow Martin