Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ScottTrainer
    • By ScottTrainer 18th Oct 16, 11:33 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ScottTrainer
    Civil Enforcement court claim form/letter
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:33 AM
    Civil Enforcement court claim form/letter 18th Oct 16 at 11:33 AM
    Hi everyone,

Got a parking fine from civil enforcement after my first day of work as my number plate had not been put on the system yet. Had my manager email/ring them numerous times to try and get them to stop sending letters but just kept getting ignored. Get a letter a few months ago from a company representing them and give their number a ring and finally get through to someone, long story short they say they'll stop pursuing the case. Cut to today and I've got a court claim from civil enforcement come through. Have tried reading other cases from this forum but it's all very confusing on what i need to do tbh.
    Any help would be really appreciated
Page 1
    • Mahone1302
    • By Mahone1302 18th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    Mahone1302
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    Who owns the land on which the car park is situated? Complain to the land owner, and request that they order Civil Enforcement to cancel the charge. Make sure that you get written confirmation that this has been done, and once you do, inform Civil Enforcement that they need to discontinue proceedings. If they still take it to court, they won't have a hope in hell of winning without the backing of the land owner.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 18th Oct 16, 12:17 PM
    • 2,241 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:17 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:17 PM
    hi and welcome to the forum ...

you now have lots to do ....

please read through the two threads below ...

the first is the newbie thread ..... you will have all ready past much of this ...

the second is about what you must do now ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=61084955

"Had my manager email/ring them numerous times to try and get them to stop sending letters but just kept getting ignored."

can you get this in writing ?

ask him if the company owns the land / car park

"Get a letter a few months ago from a company representing them and give their number a ring and finally get through to someone,"

who was this ?

oh and if you are using a phone to browse then a PC laptop may make things easier ...

Good luck

Ralph
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Oct 16, 3:44 PM
    • 40,408 Posts
    • 52,292 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:44 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:44 PM
    See this example, defended and CEL crawled back under their stone; take heart, we have not seen a forum-defended one proceed further:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5411769

Search the forum for 'CEL Schwartz defence' and choose 'show posts' (NOT show threads). That will find you some defences written more recently.

Show us your draft!

Did you already say who was driving to CEL??

DO NOT PHONE CEL. DO NOT PHONE CEL.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

1,113Users online

Martin's Twitter