Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SpaghettiEd
    • By SpaghettiEd 18th Oct 16, 11:26 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 5Thanks
    SpaghettiEd
    UKCPS Final Notice......No First Notice recieved
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:26 AM
    UKCPS Final Notice......No First Notice recieved 18th Oct 16 at 11:26 AM
    Quick bit of help needed.

Today I received a 'Final Notice' letter from UKCPS for overstaying stipulated time limit at Hulme High Street.

It's a bit vague with any other details of the 'offence' apart from how to settle a £100 Debt and what further action will be taken if not paid up.

This is the first piece of correspondence I have received from them and i'm needing some help to combat this, as I have never parked on Hulme High Street before or received a PCN from this company.
Page 1
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 18th Oct 16, 12:19 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,731 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:19 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:19 PM
    hi and welcome to the forum ....

dates and times please ...

have you read through the newbies thread yet ?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

good luck

Ralph
    • Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 18th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 803 Thanks
    Carthesis
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    Is it definitely your name on the notice?

Is it definitely your car?

Have you only recently bought the car?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 40,525 Posts
    • 52,414 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    Quick bit of help needed.

Today I received a 'Final Notice' letter from UKCPS for overstaying stipulated time limit at Hulme High Street.

It's a bit vague with any other details of the 'offence' apart from how to settle a £100 Debt and what further action will be taken if not paid up.

This is the first piece of correspondence I have received from them and i'm needing some help to combat this, as I have never parked on Hulme High Street before or received a PCN from this company.
    Originally posted by SpaghettiEd
    UKCPS are on the norty step (banned from getting DVLA data temporarily now) so go through the appeal process as KEEPER, not saying who was driving, just to see if they offer IAS. Doesn't matter that it's a 'final notice' send a response as keeper, denying liability etc.

Template appeal for IPC firms in the NEWBIES thread. You have to post to UKCPS as they 'offer' nothing, not even an email. When they reject it, which they will, come back here and consider IAS if offered (because UKCPS might not be allowed to partake!).

DO NOT PAY.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• SpaghettiEd
    • By SpaghettiEd 18th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    SpaghettiEd
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    Date and time of 'Offence' 09/08/2016 22:24

Yes the name and car details are correct to me.

I had bought the Car only 3 weeks before.

I will go through the appeal process as KEEPER and see where that ends up.

Cheers
    • Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 18th Oct 16, 4:17 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 803 Thanks
    Carthesis
    • 18th Oct 16, 4:17 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 4:17 PM
    It strikes me, given these circumstances, that it is entirely possible that the person from whom you bought the car had gotten a windscreen ticket, ignored it, and that after the waiting period, the PPC have applied for RK details and got your information, when in the intervening period, the previous owner has flogged the car to you.

Is this possible?

** EDIT **

If the offence was on the 9th August, then the earliest date they *SHOULD* be able to appeal for RK details is the 6th September. 28 days after that (i.e. the maximum deadline for POFA2012 liability transfer) is the 4th of October.

It seems entirely plausible that you've bought the car and transferred the V5 into your name right around the point they've been getting RK information from DVLA, hence you've been caught up in something not of your doing.

Write to them, as per the **NEWBIES** thread, but make sure you amend the template letter to state quite clearly, with appropriate copies of the V5, that you were NOT either the driver or the registered keeper of the vehicle *AT THE DATE AND TIME OF THE OFFENCE*, that you have only recently purchased the car, and that thus their only recourse is to attempt to reclaim whatever monies are allegedly owed to them from either the driver or the RK at the time.

Up to you if you point out to them or not that the deadline for transfer of liability to the RK has now passed.
    Last edited by Carthesis; 18-10-2016 at 4:26 PM. Reason: I did some maths
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    • 40,525 Posts
    • 52,414 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    Date and time of 'Offence' 09/08/2016 22:24

Yes the name and car details are correct to me.

I will go through the appeal process as KEEPER and see where that ends up.

Cheers
    I would expect, same as this one which UKCPS cancelled:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5542847

I would doubt they can do much now they are not in an ATA, they can't offer IAS I expect as they are unlikely to have that option open right now.

And while you wait, please take some time to support this campaign by sending a letter of complaint to your MP and Mrs May Mr Corbyn etc.,to show them what these chancers do to people:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=10

HTH
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,119Posts Today

5,457Users online

Martin's Twitter