Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Justamum
    • By Justamum 18th Oct 16, 11:03 AM
    • 4,676Posts
    • 35,886Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:03 AM
    Telesure/Reactive 18th Oct 16 at 11:03 AM
    My dad has recently had a stroke, so I have obtained Power of Attorney to deal with his affairs. He has an insurance policy with a company called Telesure to insure his satellite equipment. It's costing £9 a month. My parents also have house contents insurance, so surely the satellite equipment would be covered under that? Should I cancel the Telesure policy?

Page 1
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 18th Oct 16, 11:11 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:11 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:11 AM
    You could.

However check his Contents policy first, to make sure it does cover it.

Also, what's the excess on the telesure policy? Compared to the excess on the contents policy?

And from a cover perspective, what does the telesure policy cover that the contents policy doesn't?

Final consideration is a claim. If you claimed under contents, premiums will go up and you will need to disclose the claim for 3-5 years (depending on the insurer), whereas a claim under telesure isn't disclosable to the contents insurer.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 18th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    • 22,981 Posts
    • 9,024 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    Wont the telesure policy cover breakdown/failure/faults with the equipment? where the home insure will only cover theft or damage?

And yes its probably a waste of £9 a month, if its outside the warranty period then cancel the service unless they send you a new box? (assuming its a sky box)
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,275Posts Today

5,101Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Pension cold callers and misselling ruins lives. This petition is trying to stop them sign if u agree.

• Thank you Microsoft (Tom)

• Follow Martin