Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrtfc
    • By Mrtfc 18th Oct 16, 9:22 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mrtfc
    My sons at college and looking for part time work.
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:22 AM
    My sons at college and looking for part time work. 18th Oct 16 at 9:22 AM
    Good morning.

Sorry to bother you all, the internets got me confused.

I've been with my girlfriend 3 years, so our kids are not mine, though I treat them as my own. I live on my own so there's no worries with that affecting her benefits either.

My eldest is 18, and doing catering college so is in full time education. I was wondering if anybody could help me. Our local pub has offered him some shifts, through the books obviously, and I was wondering how this affected his mothers benefits. She is unemployed, a register cater of our other disabled child (ADHD, autism).
    She received the usual benefits for an unemployed mom, but I've read varying stories of anything between him earning a single penny will lose her a lot, to 65 pounds s week he can earn.

Please help, and thank you in advance.
Page 1
    • DomRavioli
    • By DomRavioli 18th Oct 16, 12:04 PM
    • 2,869 Posts
    • 4,774 Thanks
    DomRavioli
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:04 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:04 PM
    What benefits does she receive? That would be a start.
    Observe, Adapt, Overcome.
    SPC 2015 #497
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,211Posts Today

6,523Users online

Martin's Twitter