Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • minibbb
    • By minibbb 18th Oct 16, 5:21 AM
    • 288Posts
    • 63Thanks
    minibbb
    Plusnet moving home shambles
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:21 AM
    Plusnet moving home shambles 18th Oct 16 at 5:21 AM
    I've had plusnet fibre for the last couple of years and have been fairly happy with it. When we were getting ready to move house a few weeks back I looked into other deals and was tempted to jump ship to BT as they had some great offers on. I didn't realise plusnet would charge me a £30 to leave even though I was out of contract so instead took up their offer to move the service to my new address. This was arranged 2-3 weeks prior to my move on the 10th.

The 10th Oct came and no fibre. I messaged them and they stated my fibre order hadn't gone through and I was given a new date of the 17th oct. I saw the BT man outside up the telegraph pole so I assumed all was fine however sadly still no fibre. I messaged them and was told my line was activated today and I'd have to wait 24-48 hrs before fibre could be ordered and that it wouldn't arrive for 5-10 business days.

Not once has a member of staff apologised- I even pointed this out to them and still nothing. So no wifi for what will end up to be at least three weeks and Im paying the full contract amount.

Not impressed at all- so much for the customer service they boast of.

Be warned if you're with PlusNet and ever want to move house!
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 18th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    • 30,265 Posts
    • 35,819 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    its £30 if you cease and not migrate , they got that wrong
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 18th Oct 16, 5:18 PM
    • 23,312 Posts
    • 9,191 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:18 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 5:18 PM
    Had no issues moving to Vodafone from Plusnet fibre, received a sorry your leaving letter and a bill for £5 that took me to the the changeover date.

No issues at all. I wish my Vodafone was as hassle free
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,103Posts Today

7,467Users online

Martin's Twitter