Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 18th Oct 16, 1:22 AM
    • 453Posts
    • 230Thanks
    TheShape
    Tesco Savings Accounts (moving money out of)
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:22 AM
    Tesco Savings Accounts (moving money out of) 18th Oct 16 at 1:22 AM
    I've got a small amount of money in both a Tesco Internet Saver and a Tesco Instant Access Saver. I've tried numerous times transfer money (£2) out of each of the accounts. I've tried to transfer to Nationwide, Lloyds, both of my two Tesco Current accounts but have, each time, received an error message and no transfer takes place. I've tried on different days of the week, different times of day.

What am I missing? Anyone else experienced this?
Page 1
    • ab56
    • By ab56 18th Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    ab56
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    You will probably have to telephone them to allow you to withdraw an amount initially - security questions etc. Had the same problem.
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 18th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    • 2,575 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    Any danger of revealing what the error message was? I can't help thinking there might be a clue in it
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 18th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    • 28,338 Posts
    • 16,139 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    Been reported before. When they've completed their ID checks and received your signed form they're supposed to remove a flag. Occasionally they forget!

But I think rather than try multiple times, to multiple accounts, at multiple times of the day, on multiple days of the week, and then post on here, and then wait for a reply...I'd have made a quick phone call. Unless you're out of the country?
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 18th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    • 7,842 Posts
    • 4,786 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    Been reported before. When they've completed their ID checks and received your signed form they're supposed to remove a flag. Occasionally they forget!

But I think rather than try multiple times, to multiple accounts, at multiple times of the day, on multiple days of the week, and then post on here, and then wait for a reply...I'd have made a quick phone call. Unless you're out of the country?
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    ...and desperate for two quid.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 18th Oct 16, 12:03 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:03 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    The point of saying I'd tried different times/days/accounts was not to suggest I'd been trying hundreds of times but to show I hadn't just tried once in the early hours of the morning.

It was gone midnight that I last tried. I thought I must be missing something obvious and that I'd wake up to find someone had posted the obvious thing I was missing. That obvious thing turns out to be 'give them a call'. Replies usually come quickly here anyway.
    Last edited by TheShape; 18-10-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: ...
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 18th Oct 16, 12:06 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:06 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:06 PM
    ...and desperate for two quid.
    Originally posted by bigadaj
    Four quid actually
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 18th Oct 16, 12:18 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:18 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:18 PM
    Any danger of revealing what the error message was? I can't help thinking there might be a clue in it
    Originally posted by ColdIron
    'We've been unable to complete your transaction. Please try again.'

It didn't help much.
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 18th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    • 1,498 Posts
    • 810 Thanks
    Ed-1
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    'We've been unable to complete your transaction. Please try again.'

It didn't help much.
    Originally posted by TheShape
    To be fair it is ridiculous when it says 'please try again' when there's a restriction on the account. It should say 'we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please call us.'
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 18th Oct 16, 12:42 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    TheShape
    To be fair it is ridiculous when it says 'please try again' when there's a restriction on the account. It should say 'we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please call us.'
    Originally posted by Ed-1
    Sometimes you do get these odd occasions where something doesn't work and simply 'trying again' does work.
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 18th Oct 16, 12:47 PM
    • 1,498 Posts
    • 810 Thanks
    Ed-1
    Sometimes you do get these odd occasions where something doesn't work and simply 'trying again' does work.
    Originally posted by TheShape
    The point I'm making is there should therefore be different error messages, but I guess that would cost a bit more...
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 18th Oct 16, 1:01 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    TheShape
    The point I'm making is there should therefore be different error messages, but I guess that would cost a bit more...
    Originally posted by Ed-1
    Sorry, what I meant was that I tried again because that's what it told me. I thought it was a temporary technical issue. There should be messages that are sufficiently useful to suggesting a course of action.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 18th Oct 16, 1:09 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    TheShape
    Just got off the phone to Tesco. It appears there is a block on the accounts. The person I talked to was looking to see if they'd received a signature/signed declaration from me for both the savings accounts. I don't think I was ever sent them though if I was then they would have been returned. I did return signed declarations for both the current accounts. He could see these and said he would find out if these were sufficient to allow the block to be removed from the savings accounts. He said he'd call me back but in the meantime I could try again later.
    Last edited by TheShape; 18-10-2016 at 1:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 18th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    • 5,849 Posts
    • 3,444 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I called to transfer money to my current account and close the old savings account. As the account was being closed, I was put through to a specific department , but the transaction was very quick.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 18th Oct 16, 3:43 PM
    • 15,054 Posts
    • 9,397 Thanks
    molerat
    MrsM had the same problem on her accounts - 2 months worth of BOS DDs were building up in there. Tried a few times over a month or so then suddenly it worked.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 18th Oct 16, 4:29 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    TheShape
    All working now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

6,046Users online

Martin's Twitter