Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barracuda1986
    • By barracuda1986 17th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    barracuda1986
    Car insurance - pay monthly or in full?
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    Car insurance - pay monthly or in full? 17th Oct 16 at 10:45 PM
    Hi guys

My car insurance is due next week and I'm currently 4 years after being declared bankrupt so everything I do at the moment is about repairing my credit report to the best I can, is it best for me to set up my new policy on a pay monthly or as an outright purchase?

I haven't got an issue with regards to the monthly payments but I do know that sometimes not having any debt is better than having some showing on your report.

Cheers in advance
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 17th Oct 16, 11:24 PM
    • 23,274 Posts
    • 9,174 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 17th Oct 16, 11:24 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 11:24 PM
    Why pay interest when you can pay it in full?

Interest in car insurance is usually at a high % rate.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • nb0825
    • By nb0825 18th Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    nb0825
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    Car insurance will always cost more if you pay monthly. This is because insurers they're effectively loaning you the full amount and you're paying them back. Also some people may decide not to pay whilst driving around insured. If you can, pay in full or get a 0% credit card, pay in full with that and pay off the credit card in the same way you'd pay the insurance company
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

58Posts Today

4,212Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin