Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 1
    • Fightsback
    • By Fightsback 17th Oct 16, 10:28 PM
    • 2,352 Posts
    • 1,339 Thanks
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:28 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:28 PM
    Hi all,

I want to buy a smart TV that lets me download android apps via chrome however I'm have no idea what works etc, would this be suitable:
    Originally posted by outlaw777
    Do you mean chromecast ?

I'm not sure what you are trying to ask.
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 17th Oct 16, 10:41 PM
    • 22,981 Posts
    • 9,026 Thanks
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:41 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:41 PM
    Its not an Android TV if thats what your after.

This does..
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • outlaw777
    • By outlaw777 17th Oct 16, 11:48 PM
    • 708 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    • 17th Oct 16, 11:48 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 11:48 PM
    Looks like I need chromecast with a smart TV!
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 18th Oct 16, 11:11 AM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 573 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:11 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:11 AM
    Chromecast won't get you the ability to download Android apps. It just casts the screen from for example mobile apps such as Netflix which are already enabled for Chromecast. Incidentally Chromecast also works on iPhone with the Google Cast app from the App Store.

Probably the best way to download and run Android Apps on your TV is with an Android mini-PC box/stick or the Remix Mini (Amazon UK, £58).
    Lloyds Bank Platinum 10.9%
    Amex Platinum Cashback Everyday 22.9%
    The American Express Card
    TSB Classic Plus | Natwest Reward
    Rainy day fund - target £3000 - latest total £3400
    Average total credit limit used = 24%
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,465Posts Today

6,728Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Bounts seems to have totally shifted its model today. MSE will be investigating exactly what this means and report back next week

• Today's twitter poll: British Summer Time ends Sun as clocks go back at 2am. Would you prefer they didn't (ie lighter eves, darker morns)?

• BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Follow Martin