Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Twolovelygirls
    • By Twolovelygirls 17th Oct 16, 8:57 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Twolovelygirls
    claiming Twice
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:57 PM
    claiming Twice 17th Oct 16 at 8:57 PM
    I claimed PPI a couple of years ago through a PPI company and was satisfied with their service. I have, this last week, had a call from another company, completely out of the blue who has told me that 1 of the banks I was with has found another loan I apparently had in 2005 and are wanting to pay me the money and have asked the company to call me. I am very skeptical that this is genuine and don't want the put in a claim and be done for fraud. Shall I just call the bank. The call came from a withheld number. I have received the paperwork from them and it has come from a solicitors firm.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 17th Oct 16, 9:14 PM
    • 17,239 Posts
    • 7,776 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:14 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:14 PM
    I had a call from another company, completely out of the blue who has told me that 1 of the banks I was with has found another loan I apparently had in 2005 and are wanting to pay me the money and have asked the company to call me.
    Originally posted by Twolovelygirls
    If you have any doubts at all then of course you should call the Bank to confirm. Why have you agreed to have "paperwork" delivered to your home without doing essential research first?

What % fee are they charging for their "service"?
    • Twolovelygirls
    • By Twolovelygirls 17th Oct 16, 9:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Twolovelygirls
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:20 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:20 PM
    I don't know why I have the paperwork, they had my address. I never gave them anything. I feel so stupid. They were claiming 25% +VAT.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 17th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    • 17,239 Posts
    • 7,776 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    No one needs to use a Claims firm. Contact the Bank and make your own complaint (if you have one). This company won't have been employed by any Bank; they are simply chancers who want you to employ them...
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 17th Oct 16, 10:19 PM
    • 85,120 Posts
    • 50,137 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:19 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:19 PM
    I have, this last week, had a call from another company, completely out of the blue who has told me that 1 of the banks I was with has found another loan I apparently had in 2005 and are wanting to pay me the money and have asked the company to call me.
    So, you have a company you have no dealing with admitting it has data about you unlawfully?

Just think about it for a minute. Your data is not in the public domain. If the bank had found new information, it would contact you. It wouldnt go to a claims company you have never had any dealings with.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 18th Oct 16, 1:07 AM
    • 6,458 Posts
    • 3,731 Thanks
    -taff
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:07 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:07 AM
    I have, this last week, had a call from another company, completely out of the blue who has told me that 1 of the banks I was with has found another loan I apparently had in 2005 and are wanting to pay me the money and have asked the company to call me
    Originally posted by Twolovelygirls

Total lies.
    Write it down logically and think about it....

Your bank called a firm you've never heard of out of the blue to tell this firm that they, the bank, owed you money.

This bank didn't contact you even though they have your address.

The firm will charge you money for paying you the money the bank says it has for you.

The only way this could possibly be believable is if the first firm you used went bust, were bought out by someone else [or another firm was started with the same people]. Then the bank still have your original documents saying you're handing over the right to complain to a Claims firm, this second company is still using the same address and sees you have another potential complaint, so writes to you.

Phone the bank yourself and ask.
    Do not sign any more forms from this firm.
    Throw everything they've sent you in the bin.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

431Posts Today

1,798Users online

Martin's Twitter