Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sean cousins
    • By Sean cousins 17th Oct 16, 7:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sean cousins
    Mortgage offer additional information
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:26 PM
    Mortgage offer additional information 17th Oct 16 at 7:26 PM
    Hi all,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this....

I have recently put a mortgage offer in with Newbury building society, I have now had them come back to my mortgage advisor who has asked us for additional information...

They have asked for my girlfriend to be put through a credit check... wouldn't be a problem but she wasn't listed and is in no way affiliated to my mortgage she will just be living there. My question is is this normal practice and has anybody had this before ?

She has a very poor credit rating this is one of the main reasons I have done this by myself as mine is very good.

If someone could shed some light on this that would be great
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 17th Oct 16, 8:16 PM
    • 13,478 Posts
    • 6,628 Thanks
    ACG
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:16 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:16 PM
    Sounds like they know what you are trying to do.
    It is not common but it does happen.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Sean cousins
    • By Sean cousins 17th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sean cousins
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    Thank you for your comment.

We haven't been together very long, which I will bring up if questioned and it only came to light about her history once everything was asked.

I've been trying to look around for answers but it seems a grey area.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 17th Oct 16, 9:12 PM
    • 13,478 Posts
    • 6,628 Thanks
    ACG
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:12 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:12 PM
    Its not grey as such its like everything in the mortgage world...every lender has their own stance.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

1,113Users online

Martin's Twitter