Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chipfire
    • By chipfire 17th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 80Posts
    • 16Thanks
    chipfire
    Parking Eye
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    Parking Eye 17th Oct 16 at 7:16 PM
    I got stung by Parking Eye in Newquay.

Parked found change and paid for an hour. Walked to the beach and back in 55 minutes. Changed shoes ate a sandwich and left the car park. Total time 1:27 for which I got a £60 fine.

Anyone know what the limits are to enter, park, purchase a ticket and depart? The camera films you at the instant you enter and depart.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 17th Oct 16, 8:34 PM
    • 6,235 Posts
    • 6,135 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:34 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:34 PM
    Please get yourself into the Parking Tickets Subforum here and start by having a good read of the Newbies Sticky - it will inform you of the current situation and lay-out your options for seeing them off. Which is usually straightforward with Parking Eye.

Also, read recent threads about PE in Newquay to see what challenges worked for other people. There are quite a few but keep it to the last six months or so so you have up to date info.
    • konark
    • By konark 18th Oct 16, 1:20 AM
    • 746 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    konark
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:20 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 1:20 AM
    So it took you 32 minutes to eat a sandwich?
    • chipfire
    • By chipfire 18th Oct 16, 6:58 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    chipfire
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:58 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:58 AM
    Originally posted by konark
    And to change shoes. Keep up!
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 6,235 Posts
    • 6,135 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    Originally posted by konark
    This is why we prefer people to post in the Parking Tix forum - We do our best to concentrate on the inadequacies and often non-legal status of the demands from the private parking industry without being judgemental about each person's individual situation.

But it looks like you are well-up to them anyway!
    • Head The Ball
    • By Head The Ball 18th Oct 16, 11:45 AM
    • 1,794 Posts
    • 3,821 Thanks
    Head The Ball
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:45 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:45 AM
    I got stung by Parking Eye in Newquay.

Parked found change and paid for an hour. Walked to the beach and back in 55 minutes. Changed shoes ate a sandwich and left the car park. Total time 1:27 for which I got a £60 fine.

Anyone know what the limits are to enter, park, purchase a ticket and depart? The camera films you at the instant you enter and depart.
    Originally posted by chipfire
    You didn't get a fine, you got a (speculative) invoice.

Take the advice of the 'experts' in the Parking sub forum.

Make sure that you read all the stickies first before posting and asking questions or you will get flak.
    When I was growing up plastic surgery was a bit of a taboo subject. These days if you mention botox no one raises an eyebrow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter