Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    clairey22
    Virgin Atlantic "Flying Club" up to 3000 miles if you are referred
    • 5th Jan 08, 3:38 PM
    Virgin Atlantic "Flying Club" up to 3000 miles if you are referred 5th Jan 08 at 3:38 PM
    Hi,

Have you booked a flight or are you planning a trip with Virgin Atlantic? Its worth joining their loyalty scheme "Flying Club". I have been a member for 2 years now and am up to the silver level. I have enjoyed a few fantastic trips in Upper Class using my miles and I only fly Virgin now as prefer them (even to BA first).

You could get up to 3000 miles for joining if you are referred by another member.

The referee (ie. YOU) gets:
    1,000 miles if you take your first round trip in Economy
    2,000 miles if you take your first round trip in Premium Economy
    3,000 miles if you take your first round trip in Upper Class

The referrer (ie. me) gets:

2,000 miles if they take their first trip in Economy
    5,000 miles if they take their first trip in Premium Economy
    10,000 miles if they take their first trip in Upper Class

Please PM me if I can refer you. All I need is the email address you will use to sign up with.

Alternatively you can click on my referal link:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/miles_morefriends/flyingstart.jsp?referrer_id=00663403948

If you have any general questions about Virgin Upper Class feel free to PM me too.

Thanks
    Clairey x
    Last edited by clairey22; 28-03-2009 at 9:43 AM. Reason: correcting miles info.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 5th Jan 08, 4:04 PM
    • 30,270 Posts
    • 35,823 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 5th Jan 08, 4:04 PM
    • 5th Jan 08, 4:04 PM
    this is the information about the scheme and a direct non-referral link

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us/frequentflyer/index.jsp
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • clairey22
    • 5th Jan 08, 5:32 PM
    • 5th Jan 08, 5:32 PM
    Thanks Browntoa for the link to the scheme (I meant to do that...oops ).

Here is the link to the full terms and conditions. It gives more info on the miles you can earn for each cabin (ie. you get more if you fly in upper class) I will update my original post with this info.

Full Terms of the Referal scheme:
    http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/tsandcs/earningmiles.jsp#mmf

Remember you don't get anything for signing up directly. All I need is your email address and I will refer you and when you fly you will get 1000-3000 bonus miles (dependant on the cabin you fly in).

thanks
    Clairey x
  • clairey22
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:41 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:41 PM
    There are some great Premium Economy fares at the moment with Virgin's January Sale. I have just bought Premium Economy flights to Las Vegas for £808 and New York for £600.

Link to the sale:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/specialoffers/index.jsp

Clairey x
  • Grianne
    • 19th Jan 08, 10:11 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 10:11 PM
    Hi Claire

I have already booked our family holiday with Virgin (using Tescos Clubcard vouchers) but I havent joined the Flying Club yet.

Will this still help you get points?

• clairey22
    • 19th Jan 08, 10:21 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 10:21 PM
    Hi Grianne,

Thats so cool using the tescos vouchers with Virgin, I'll have to look into that as I usually spend a fortune with Virgin every year!

I'm not sure how it works vith Virgin Holidays and Flying Club but if you are flying Virgin its worth joining as the referer and referee both get miles as detailed in my post above.

If you PM me your email address (the one you will use when you sign up) i'll send you a referal link

thanks
    Clairey x
    • FF99
    • By FF99 16th Feb 08, 8:44 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    FF99
    • 16th Feb 08, 8:44 PM
    • 16th Feb 08, 8:44 PM
    I am a couple of thousand miles short for an award booking that I would like to make, so I would also be delighted to refer someone as that would assist us both, as explained in the OP.
  • parnelln
    • 30th Mar 08, 8:16 AM
    re: Flying club miles link
    • 30th Mar 08, 8:16 AM
    Yes, this works well. I've had a few referrals on the direct link to their signup page:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/frequentflyer/miles_morefriends/flyingstart.jsp?referrer_id=00804365387&media_code =MMFOL

you can replace the id with your own to allow you to send it to colleagues friends and family in emails.
    • bootman
    • By bootman 31st Mar 08, 9:17 AM
    • 1,969 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    bootman
    • 31st Mar 08, 9:17 AM
    I am happy to refer
    • 31st Mar 08, 9:17 AM
    I am happy to refer anyone also.

They just send through an email to you after you have been referred for you to fill in your own details.

Please just PM me if you would like me to. You get your points added after you have taken a flight, so if you have already booked it does not matter as after you have flown you just add your flight on yourself for the points.
  • richto
    My referral link:

Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
  • jodyinengland
    I am happy to refer anyone to Virgin Atlantic's flyingclub too. Just use my link below. As Clairey's message states:

You could get up to 3000 miles for joining if you are referred by another member.

Use this link to join Flying Club and earn bonus points! http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us/frequentflyer/miles_morefriends/flyingstart.jsp?referrer_id=00619227186&media_code =MMFOL

Happy flying!

Jody
    Last edited by jodyinengland; 14-04-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: new information added
    • mitchg
    • By mitchg 15th Apr 08, 8:01 AM
    • 380 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    mitchg
    Virgin
    I too am willing to refer people to the Virgin flying club miles for friends scheme.
    Just pm me and i will gladly help i am also willing to refer you to a couple of other virgin schemes too that you may find interesting.

The flying club will also offer bonus miles as stated on sign up but can also give you a discount on holiday booked too through the club, so worth the time in signing. The miles do not get deleted as long as there is a addition at least once every 3 years, so save as frequent as you like or even less frequent without a worry of losing on an annual basis.

Happy money saving and rewards saving .
    Lets all save a £ or two, lets all earn a £ or two, and lets all enjoy spending that £ or two wisely.
  • stuzhunter
    I am happy to refer people as well. Just PM me.
  • iereboy
    I am also happy to refer people as well! IERE man! I wana get home to Tobago! Just private me guys/gals/anyone!
    Last edited by iereboy; 18-07-2008 at 8:58 PM. Reason: Forgot info
  • clairey22
    Martin's great article this week on tips to get upgrades!!
    Hi again,

Martin has done a great article this week on flying tips to get upgrades.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/how-to-get-a-free-upgrade

One of them is to join the frequent flyer club of the airline in question.

With Virgin Atlantic as in my original post on this thread, you could get up to 3000 miles for joining if you are referred by another member.

Please PM me if I can refer you. All I need is the email address you will use to sign up with.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...id=00805625160

If you have any general questions about Virgin Upper Class feel free to PM me too. I am silver level in the Flying Club and am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks
    Clairey x
    • bitsnbytes
    • By bitsnbytes 4th Oct 08, 5:05 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    bitsnbytes
    Virgin Atlantic - Flying Club
    I'm a member of the virgin atlantic flying club and just noticed that they have an introduce a friend scheme If I refer you and you create an account and take your first flight you get the following bonus points:
    1000 points if you fly economy
    2000 points for premium economy
    3000 for an upper class flight

These points are in addition to the points you will receive for your flight Because I've referred you, I'll get the points listed below when you've registered and taken your first flight
    2000 points in economy
    5000 points in premium economy and
    10000 points in upper class

Once you've collected enough points you can either bump-up your flight or even pay for new flights For more info you can check here http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/index.jsp

You can join using my referral link http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/miles_morefriends/flyingstart.jsp?referrer_id=00664582014
    Alternatively (as per rules) you can join via the non-referral link http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us/frequentflyer/index.jsp
    Last edited by bitsnbytes; 04-10-2008 at 5:43 PM.
  • clairey22
    Still Red Hot sale! join the flying club before booking
    Hi again,

There are some great sale offers on the Virgin Atlantic site at the moment as part of their "Still Red Hot" promotion. Including New York from £259 in economy or £447 in Premium Economy.

Also, if you haven't seen the fantastic TV ad then check it out here:

http://www.virginatlanticstillredhot.com/

With Virgin Atlantic as in my original post on this thread, you could get up to 3000 miles for joining if you are referred by another member.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...id=00805625160

If you have any general questions about Virgin Upper Class feel free to PM me too. I am silver level in the Flying Club and am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks
    Clairey x
    • FF99
    • By FF99 27th Mar 09, 9:45 AM
    • 594 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    FF99
    Can I refer you for the Virgin Flying Club ?
    Have you booked a flight or are you planning a trip with Virgin Atlantic ? This works even if you have flown recently but not yet joined the Virgin Flying Club.

It's worth joining the Virgin Flying Club as you get free miles, which you can redeem for free flights. You could get up to 3,000 miles for joining if you are referred by me.

I would also get some free miles (1,000 miles if you take your first single flight in Economy, 2,500 miles in Premium Economy and 5,000 miles in Upper Class).

I actually need to pick up some of these bonus referrer's miles for a planned trip, so Please PM me if I can refer you. All I need is an e-mail address to which your joining invitation can be sent.

Please PM if you have any other questions at all.

• clairey22
    It is also worth joining the Flying Club if you book Virgin Holidays as Flying Club Members can get currently get 5% off their holiday!

If you have any general questions about Virgin Upper Class feel free to PM me too. I am flying out in Upper Class today to South Africa for my honeymoon!

Please see my original post for details on how to join the Flying Club. The easiest way is to click on my referal link or PM me.

Thanks
    Clairey x
  • jazzae
    Happy to refer
    Happy to refer! Please PM me.

Hoping to use miles to upgrade for our anniversary back to Vegas
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

227Posts Today

2,472Users online

Martin's Twitter