Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 17th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 163Posts
    • 22Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: Former drug dens more enticing than homes without fast broadband
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    MSE News: Former drug dens more enticing than homes without fast broadband 17th Oct 16 at 5:36 PM
    House hunters would rather purchase a property that had been a drug den than buy a home that did not have fast broadband...
    Read the full story:
    'Former drug dens and brothels more enticing for buyers than homes without fast broadband, poll finds'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • Li0nhead
    • By Li0nhead 17th Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    • 13,606 Posts
    • 29,560 Thanks
    Li0nhead
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    It is a poll is answered by users of the internet so surely we are more likely to find decent internet being a higher priority than the population average.
    Help those who need help.

Shoot those who choose not to help themselves.
    • Pincher
    • By Pincher 17th Oct 16, 6:21 PM
    • 5,844 Posts
    • 2,133 Thanks
    Pincher
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:21 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:21 PM
    This also fits with all buyers are potential landlords.

A flat without high speed broadband will not get tenants.

On the other hand, they can't complain about being haunted or hooker activity (bed spring squeeking from upstairs) once they have moved in, as they are not valid reasons for breaking the rental agreement.
    What happens if you push this button?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 18th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 30,254 Posts
    • 35,814 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    but I cope fine with a 4mb ADSL link at the moment despite how much people moan about low speeds , I can stream ok and do sky on demand with no real problems

I would like fibre as I had it before I moved but its not vital
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Pincher
    • By Pincher 18th Oct 16, 2:13 PM
    • 5,844 Posts
    • 2,133 Thanks
    Pincher
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:13 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:13 PM
    but I cope fine with a 4mb ADSL link at the moment despite how much people moan about low speeds , I can stream ok and do sky on demand with no real problems.
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    I used to go to supermarkets by bicycle.
    Now I have an Igloo box and a car.

Melted ice cream is horrible.
    What happens if you push this button?
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 18th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    • 2,372 Posts
    • 1,415 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    Even 6 years ago, before I bought my current house, one thing I made sure I did was to type the postcode into a broadband checker to make sure I would get a decent speed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,769Posts Today

7,616Users online

Martin's Twitter