Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 17th Oct 16, 4:46 PM
    • 5,819Posts
    • 10,418Thanks
    GlasweJen
    0 WOW
    BA flight change, where do I stand?
    • 17th Oct 16, 4:46 PM
    0 WOW
    BA flight change, where do I stand? 17th Oct 16 at 4:46 PM
    We booked flights direct through BA. The original flight was departing at 07:55 from GLA to LHR terminal 5 then leaving LHR terminal 3 90 minutes later to LAS.

The second leg has now changed and we will depart from LHR at 15:50.

I'd rather hang myself than spend upward of 6 hours stuck in Heathrow. I've contacted BA and asked them to change us onto a 12:15 flight from LHR to LAS that was showing on sky scanner but we were told that flight doesn't exist. I then asked them to change the GLA-LHR flight to the later one at 9:50 which although isn't ideal as we would rather be in Vegas at least we have 2 hours less time in Heathrow but they refused.

Is there anything I can do?

ETA the flight date is 25/03/17
    Last edited by GlasweJen; 17-10-2016 at 4:47 PM. Reason: Adding info
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
Page 3
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 18th Oct 16, 11:16 AM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 10,418 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    As for lounge access, I don't think it's really my thing. Isn't it full of businessmen on their phones and laptops? Certainly it would be nicer than being in the mayhem at T3 but I'd rather have my stop over time reduced if possible.
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    • blindman
    • By blindman 18th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 4,783 Posts
    • 3,885 Thanks
    blindman
    As for lounge access, I don't think it's really my thing. Isn't it full of businessmen on their phones and laptops? Certainly it would be nicer than being in the mayhem at T3 but I'd rather have my stop over time reduced if possible.
    Originally posted by GlasweJen
    As has been suggested either

1 Ring again to see if you get a competent CS agent

2. Post on Flyertalk as you may get better answers.

Good luck.
    • lady1964
    • By lady1964 18th Oct 16, 6:54 PM
    • 734 Posts
    • 985 Thanks
    lady1964
    No, it's not, we usually fly business class & always use the lounge available to us.

That said, we endured 6 hours in a lounge at ARN airport in Stockholm and the time dragged, I even managed to have a nap!

I would try to speak to someone at BA & push for a shorter layover and has already been advised, look on Flyertalk, the BA flyers are usually really helpful.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 18th Oct 16, 9:18 PM
    • 2,384 Posts
    • 1,530 Thanks
    jpsartre
    A good technique is to hang up and call another agent. Fingers crossed you'll have more luck.
    Originally posted by becominganobsessivesaver
    This is the best advice given so far in this thread. I've changed BA flights after major and minor schedule changes numerous times in the past and it's never been a problem. I can only assume you got through to a clueless CSR the first time, there's no reason at all why they shouldn't be able to move you to the later flight from Glasgow.
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 18th Oct 16, 9:20 PM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 10,418 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    Thankfully I'm off work tomorrow and only have an appointment in the morning so hopefully I'll be able to get through to someone tomorrow.

NOT BUYING IT
    • Marisco
    • By Marisco 19th Oct 16, 4:27 PM
    • 27,090 Posts
    • 74,085 Thanks
    Marisco
    Last year we had a layover of 7 hours in Charles de Gaul airport, to wait for our flight to Tel Aviv. So we took the Metro to Notre Dam, had a walk, lunch then a good look round before going back. No problems at all, no checks or passport checks. I remember thinking at the time it was a bit lax there, we could have been anyone!
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 19th Oct 16, 5:28 PM
    • 11,027 Posts
    • 7,378 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    Last year we had a layover of 7 hours in Charles de Gaul airport, to wait for our flight to Tel Aviv. So we took the Metro to Notre Dam, had a walk, lunch then a good look round before going back. No problems at all, no checks or passport checks. I remember thinking at the time it was a bit lax there, we could have been anyone!
    Originally posted by Marisco
    Surely you had to show your passport and pass security before boarding your flight, particularly in view of the destination!

Personally I have missed flights in CDG because of very long queues to pass security in precisely that situation.
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 19th Oct 16, 10:00 PM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 10,418 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    I nearly missed a flight at CDG just last week as passport control was so very slow! And that was with me being prioritised as a passenger with additional needs. I wouldn't want to risk that.

Got through to BA earlier and the lady on the phone is escalating me to someone higher up as the computer won't allow her to rebook the GLA-LHR leg, she said it's probably an IT glitch and should be fixed.

NOT BUYING IT
    • Marisco
    • By Marisco 19th Oct 16, 10:46 PM
    • 27,090 Posts
    • 74,085 Thanks
    Marisco
    Surely you had to show your passport and pass security before boarding your flight, particularly in view of the destination!

Personally I have missed flights in CDG because of very long queues to pass security in precisely that situation.
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    Yes, before we got on the flight, but when we came in from Newcastle, we had a coffee, then got the Metro to Paris. I was responding to someone who asked if they could leave the airport or not.
    • baza52
    • By baza52 19th Oct 16, 11:29 PM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 1,901 Thanks
    baza52
    I nearly missed a flight at CDG just last week as passport control was so very slow! And that was with me being prioritised as a passenger with additional needs. I wouldn't want to risk that.

Got through to BA earlier and the lady on the phone is escalating me to someone higher up as the computer won't allow her to rebook the GLA-LHR leg, she said it's probably an IT glitch and should be fixed.
    lets hope you get the result you want.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

431Posts Today

1,798Users online

Martin's Twitter