Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • caronoel
    • By caronoel 17th Oct 16, 4:36 PM
    • 605Posts
    • 815Thanks
    caronoel
    Sending jewelry through the post
    • 17th Oct 16, 4:36 PM
    Sending jewelry through the post 17th Oct 16 at 4:36 PM
    A friend has set up a successful online jewelry retail business. To date, the products have been relatively low value at under £100 an item

She is now moving upmarket, where the product value could be up to £2,000.

Her concern is around delivering high value products. Parcelforce’s compensation scheme excludes jewelry:
    http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/items-we-exclude-compensation

What is the best way to deliver high value products, through an insured delivery mechanism?
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Oct 16, 5:14 PM
    • 57,697 Posts
    • 40,784 Thanks
    soolin
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:14 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:14 PM
    A friend has set up a successful online jewelry retail business. To date, the products have been relatively low value at under £100 an item

She is now moving upmarket, where the product value could be up to £2,000.

Her concern is around delivering high value products. Parcelforce’s compensation scheme excludes jewelry:
    http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/items-we-exclude-compensation

What is the best way to deliver high value products, through an insured delivery mechanism?
    Originally posted by caronoel
    Royal Mail special delivery with additional insurance comes to mind.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • caronoel
    • By caronoel 18th Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    caronoel
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    Royal Mail special delivery with additional insurance comes to mind.
    Originally posted by soolin
    Cool - thanks for that

What sort of additional insurance? Who are the providers?
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 18th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    • 7,924 Posts
    • 2,893 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    They do - it simply enhances the standard amount of compensation with a higher premium.
    • caronoel
    • By caronoel 19th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    caronoel
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    Thanks both for that - very helpful
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

3,965Users online

Martin's Twitter