Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jojopa123
    • By Jojopa123 17th Oct 16, 4:14 PM
    • 37Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Jojopa123
    Bankruptcy maternity and fees
    • 17th Oct 16, 4:14 PM
    Bankruptcy maternity and fees 17th Oct 16 at 4:14 PM
    Hi im on stat materniry pay juat a few questions

Will i get an ipa on bankruptcy with being on mat stat pay

Can i get help towards fees.
    What if it takes me a few months to pay rhe 680 fee is that ok and just stop paying all debt

Thanks

Jo
Page 1
  • National Debtline
    • 17th Oct 16, 4:34 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 4:34 PM
    Hi Jojopa123,

It is ok to stop paying your debts now if you are intending to go bankrupt, send them a brief letter explaining that and put the money you would've spent toward them, to the bankruptcy fee.

You can pay the fee gradually online, and there are some trust funds and charities that can help with the deposit. You will need to pay the adjudicators fee (£130) but you may get some help with the deposit (£550). You should start by looking at your fuel and water supplier and see what help they can offer.

As far as an IPA is concerned, it will depend what other income you have. If your income is only from benefits, you shouldn't have an IPA, but if there is an element that is not benefits, you may have an IPA (if you have more than £20per month surplus based on a SOA). Hope that helps. Remember, bankruptcy is a big choice, make sure you've had full advice before stopping your payments.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • Jojopa123
    • By Jojopa123 18th Oct 16, 8:16 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jojopa123
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:16 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:16 PM
    Hi thanks cor the advice.

My hubby has said he will pay the fee im getting appontment with cab to fill in online and I will have it all written out for him. God im bricking it i mean im so nervous about it i worry so much im more scared of the official receiver as scared they will punish me heard loads of bad things x
    • Comingoutofthedark
    • By Comingoutofthedark 18th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Comingoutofthedark
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    Hi jojopa123,
    I understand how your feeling I submitted my forms on Sunday & today had a voicemail left from the official receivor . I was really nervous & was shaking when I rang back, but she was lovely there was no judgment at all she asked a few questions and asked how I'd got to this point. She asked a few more questions based on the info I'd entered. I did say to her that I had expected it to be much more difficult than it was .
    hoprfully my positive experience will help you a bit when it starts to get overwhelming.
    • Jojopa123
    • By Jojopa123 18th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jojopa123
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    Ah thanks so much for replying. Im on maternity leave and stat pay so crpping it incase rhey say i have to have a ipa. Like you say hopefullt it be ok. Did she say what happens next? I hope i get a nice one.

Thanks
    • tigerfeet2006
    • By tigerfeet2006 19th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    • 13,722 Posts
    • 29,796 Thanks
    tigerfeet2006
    • 19th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    Pop up your SoA on here and there will be folks willing to help with it. If you are on Maternity leave then I seriously doubt you will have an IPA.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    I now live in a country that is 4 hours ahead of the UK so you may now find I post at weird times
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]
    • Comingoutofthedark
    • By Comingoutofthedark 19th Oct 16, 7:18 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Comingoutofthedark
    • 19th Oct 16, 7:18 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 7:18 PM
    I know what you mean about mat pay! She just said she'd write the report, my creditors would receive a letter in about 6 weeks, they will write to my banks & I'll receive a pack in the post with some bits to sign & send back and other bits about restrictions etc. Tigerfeet was brilliant at helping with my Soa so if you post yours up I'm sure she'll be able to help calm your worries about an IPA.
    • Jojopa123
    • By Jojopa123 20th Oct 16, 10:41 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jojopa123
    • 20th Oct 16, 10:41 AM
    • 20th Oct 16, 10:41 AM
    Hi what is a soa please and i will put it up x x
    • alltaken
    • By alltaken 20th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    • 339 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    alltaken
    • 20th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    • 20th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    Hi what is a soa please and i will put it up x x
    Originally posted by Jojopa123
    It is a 'sheet' showing your income and outgoings along with any secured/unsecured debt.

This is an ideal form:

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php
    • Jojopa123
    • By Jojopa123 21st Oct 16, 3:30 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jojopa123
    Brilliant thank you will pop it up here. Thanks dor the link. I have my app onn3 nov with csb they gonna do application with me x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

552Posts Today

3,585Users online

Martin's Twitter