Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• ryan92
    • By ryan92 17th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    • 463Posts
    • 116Thanks
    Santander issues
    • 17th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    Santander issues 17th Oct 16 at 3:29 PM
    I've recently opened a santander everyday account and on Friday night I made a transfer to my old account to cover DD's that won't have switched over. The transfer was blocked and I was phoned by fraud team who confirmed everything and allowed the transfer to proceed. I then checked my online banking a few hours after to find the account was blocked again.

I phoned back and was disconnected ; by the time I tried to phone back the department was closed so I phoned back on the Saturday morning to be told I needed to go to the branch.

Today was my first opportunity and they will not lift the block on the account because the name on my passport is different from the account name (I had changed my name via Deed Poll and also had this form with me which the advisor had scanned alongside the passport). She is faxing it all off to the fraud team tonight however they said that is probably unlikely evidence for the account block to be lifted.

On the online application it specifically asked if I was known by any other name in the last 3 years to which I put in my old name which is on my passport.

I now have absolutely no access to my money and they can't seem to do anything.

What can i do ??

edit : Just spoke to the complaints team who can't do anything either as i've been referred to the branch. Just stuck in a loop now without any money!
    Last edited by ryan92; 17-10-2016 at 3:46 PM.
    LIGHTBULB MOMENT ; 9th January 2016

January 2016 ; £7743.19
Page 1
    • colsten
    • By colsten 17th Oct 16, 10:59 PM
    • 8,042 Posts
    • 6,534 Thanks
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:59 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:59 PM
    Write to the Chief Executive, Mr. Nathan Bostock. He won't deal with your complaint himself but he will have an Executive Complaints Team who have more powers than the normal complaints team.

nathan.bostock at
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,019Posts Today

6,400Users online

Martin's Twitter