Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gilbutre
    • By gilbutre 17th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 236Posts
    • 31Thanks
    gilbutre
    Separate bank accounts for easier budget management
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    Separate bank accounts for easier budget management 17th Oct 16 at 1:20 PM
    I'd like to open separate bank accounts dedicated to specific expenses, for example one account just for all car expenses (gas, repair, mot, tax...)

For those not finding this idea absurd: which banks have a smooth account creation process and few conditions?
Page 1
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 17th Oct 16, 1:50 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:50 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:50 PM
    Sounds slightly absurd to me but notwithstanding my personal opinion I found it straightforward to set-up two Tesco current accounts. They both pay 3% in credit interest with no conditions. You won't have branch access though.
    • sysadmin
    • By sysadmin 17th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    sysadmin
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    I kind of do this with the halifax for things that im saving for

I have separate accounts for savings such as

Christmas,
    Car (MOT, Service, Tax)
    Holiday
    Birthdays

Each account has a standing order going into it on Payday. This was it makes me save and I dont notice that its gone.
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 17th Oct 16, 2:06 PM
    • 815 Posts
    • 881 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:06 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:06 PM
    You'd probably be better off with whatever the best interest-paying account is now and a spreadsheet to keep track of the balance intended for each class of purchase.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,320Posts Today

6,309Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @speirin: @MartinSLewis now thats a blast from the past ???? https://t.co/5cSz1aNWFz

• Have you set the Betamax? Tonight 8pm ITV The Martin Lewis Money Show - if ur married, and/or got kids and/or get tax credits - a must watch

• On my way to @thismorning today "Is a shop telling you porkies" - how to tell your consumer rights from consumer wrongs...

• Follow Martin