Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• abby1234519
    • By abby1234519 17th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    • 1,667Posts
    • 2,656Thanks
    New Ceramic Hob - Pans!
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    New Ceramic Hob - Pans! 17th Oct 16 at 1:16 PM
    I have just had a new ceramic hob fitted. It's very posh and new (thanks landlord).

I spent 150 on pans many years ago and they're still going and have done me well. However the coating on the underside is coming off in places which has left it coarse in some parts. Now, this worries me as I don't want to damage the ceramic hob especially as we've not paid for it!

Can anyone recommend pans? I've googled it and spent my entire lunch break and not come any closer to deciding what to have. I don't think I can keep my current ones as they are really grainy underneath now. Which would be fine on a gas hob but clearly not on the new glass ceramic one
    13,458.86 9,545.86 9,108.54
    Working on clearing First Direct CC at 323.62

MBing to clear credit cards
    All interest free currently. Chipping away!
Page 2
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 18th Oct 16, 3:35 PM
    • 839 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    see how much a new hob will cost they are quite cheap, cheaper than 300, get a spare one and store it to give to the landlord when you move. Just use your pans on the hob and stop worrying.
    • Grenage
    • By Grenage 18th Oct 16, 4:16 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    To be honest, the 50 set of stainless steel pans I bought at Robert Dyas are as still as good as they were 7 years ago.

I mean, there's not much to go wrong with a pan, especially if it's no plastic handles or sleeves.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 18th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 5,463 Posts
    • 3,247 Thanks
    The above mentioned Stellar , Judge and Horwood pans are made by the same company but, I believe are listed in order of price.

I have a set of Judge and a single egg poacher from the Horwood range and there is little difference between them.

They are a very good company to approach for advice.
    Last edited by teddysmum; 18-10-2016 at 9:43 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yay. Thank you for all your help Colin. Thankfully it's feeling a little better #lovelychap

• Going to try and see if it's possible. If not my 400 day run of never missing target will end :(

• Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• Follow Martin