Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • abby1234519
    • By abby1234519 17th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    • 1,734Posts
    • 2,701Thanks
    abby1234519
    New Ceramic Hob - Pans!
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    New Ceramic Hob - Pans! 17th Oct 16 at 1:16 PM
    I have just had a new ceramic hob fitted. It's very posh and new (thanks landlord).

I spent £150 on pans many years ago and they're still going and have done me well. However the coating on the underside is coming off in places which has left it coarse in some parts. Now, this worries me as I don't want to damage the ceramic hob especially as we've not paid for it!

Can anyone recommend pans? I've googled it and spent my entire lunch break and not come any closer to deciding what to have. I don't think I can keep my current ones as they are really grainy underneath now. Which would be fine on a gas hob but clearly not on the new glass ceramic one
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: £25158.71

December pay off target: £357.57/£887.71

Budgeted spends (car maintenance, phone contracts, food, clothing etc) for £2017: £11,100

Spend 10% less goal is £9990.

Must underspend by £92.50 a month
Page 2
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 18th Oct 16, 3:35 PM
    • 881 Posts
    • 634 Thanks
    tonyh66
    see how much a new hob will cost they are quite cheap, cheaper than £300, get a spare one and store it to give to the landlord when you move. Just use your pans on the hob and stop worrying.
    • Grenage
    • By Grenage 18th Oct 16, 4:16 PM
    • 881 Posts
    • 825 Thanks
    Grenage
    To be honest, the £50 set of stainless steel pans I bought at Robert Dyas are as still as good as they were 7 years ago.

I mean, there's not much to go wrong with a pan, especially if it's no plastic handles or sleeves.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 18th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 5,865 Posts
    • 3,460 Thanks
    teddysmum
    The above mentioned Stellar , Judge and Horwood pans are made by the same company but, I believe are listed in order of price.

I have a set of Judge and a single egg poacher from the Horwood range and there is little difference between them.

They are a very good company to approach for advice.
    Last edited by teddysmum; 18-10-2016 at 9:43 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,211Posts Today

6,523Users online

Martin's Twitter