Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • poro
    • By poro 17th Oct 16, 1:00 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 269Thanks
    poro
    Comping advice/tips/tricks please- bad brain fog!!
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:00 PM
    Comping advice/tips/tricks please- bad brain fog!! 17th Oct 16 at 1:00 PM
    Hello!
    I'm sure there are threads of this already so I apologise.

But I wish to get my comping skills more...skilled.

I've only been doing it 3 weeks now as a distraction to my ill health but I wish to reach the level that is mirrored on the telly in extreme coupoun-ing!!

I find it hard to read the old threadschool as it makes my mind all jumbled. So I was wondering what everyone does to make their cmoping as efficient as possible?!

I've seen people talk about word documents and spreadsheets but I don't understand, I'd need an example?

Sorry if this post isn't allowed xxx
    I hope you have a happy day full of kindness
Page 1
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 17th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 8,470 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    I think you've already done the best thing by joining this forum. There are a lot of generous compers here who share 100s of comps every day, so if you spend a couple of hours every day entering the ones you want to win you will be in with lots of chances of winning. Just use the site tools to tick the ones you've entered and you won't dupe yourself.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 17th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    • 31,026 Posts
    • 181,990 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    I think you've already done the best thing by joining this forum. There are a lot of generous compers here who share 100s of comps every day, so if you spend a couple of hours every day entering the ones you want to win you will be in with lots of chances of winning. Just use the site tools to tick the ones you've entered and you won't dupe yourself.
    Originally posted by Misslayed

That's about it, entering as they added added is most efficient, this is from a PM sent to someone else

Hi, I think everything is just about covered in the various guides including how to sort the board etc but briefly

Set up an e-mail address (hotmail, gmail etc) to use just for comping, same goes for a cheap PAYG mobile if the slim chance of a few spam calls bothers you.

Don't count how many you enter, it will not increase your chances of winning but it will waste your time.

Get a free form filler so you don't have to type your details out every time you enter - Roboform, Lastpass and Dashlane are probably the most popular

Use the red cross/green ticks on the forum so you know what you have entered - for the same reason stick to entering through one site, mse is probably the biggest but some people prefer comps listed by prize type such as loquax
    http://www.loquax.co.uk/competitions/prizedir.htm

What to enter will depend to an extent on how much time you intend to spend doing it but I think these instant wins are worth a go if the prizes are of any interest (the prizes vary weekly/fortnightly) as there is no waiting weeks to find out if you have won - once you have registered with them they mostly just require your email and a password to enter daily.

https://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/collect-and-win/spin-to-win/

http://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/win-things/bagatelle/

http://www.jenningsbrewery.co.uk/competitions/ftw/

https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/yeokens/fruit-machine
    Last edited by mjm3346; 17-10-2016 at 1:53 PM.
    • poro
    • By poro 17th Oct 16, 1:58 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    poro
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:58 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:58 PM
    What do the red crosses do?xx
    I hope you have a happy day full of kindness
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 17th Oct 16, 2:02 PM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 8,470 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:02 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:02 PM
    They just remind you that you've looked at the comp and decided it's not for you, e.g. It might be a holiday with no flights, or the prize is not what you expected. Saves you wasting time opening it again.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 17th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    • 31,026 Posts
    • 181,990 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:08 PM
    and you can red cross from the index so any that are of no interest you can cross off without opening the thread.
    • DynasticDux
    • By DynasticDux 17th Oct 16, 3:49 PM
    • 3,214 Posts
    • 128,404 Thanks
    DynasticDux
    • 17th Oct 16, 3:49 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 3:49 PM
    Best advice -- Enter, forget
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 17th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 1,388 Posts
    • 48,196 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    and you can red cross from the index so any that are of no interest you can cross off without opening the thread.
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    How do you do that please? Is that in the new view?
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 17th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    • 8,028 Posts
    • 175,320 Thanks
    ikkle87
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    How do you do that please? Is that in the new view?
    Originally posted by hdh74
    No you can do it in old style just click the Red Cross
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 17th Oct 16, 8:29 PM
    • 1,388 Posts
    • 48,196 Thanks
    hdh74
    No you can do it in old style just click the Red Cross
    Originally posted by ikkle87
    Oh yes! I never saw that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,597Posts Today

5,618Users online

Martin's Twitter