Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Oct 16, 12:51 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier White Rose Energy
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:51 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier White Rose Energy 17th Oct 16 at 12:51 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

White Rose Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 17th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    • 2,445 Posts
    • 950 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 17th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    White Rose Energy is a brand owned by Leeds City Council and operated under regulated licence by Robin Hood Energy Limited, registered in England and Wales.
    Company Number: 08053212. Registered Office: Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 3NG. VAT Number: 204 8309

In the abscence of any other feedback, probably if you look at the Robin Hood Energy feedback thread, you will get a good idea

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320333

Edit: Btw, the info above come from the White Rose Energy website
    https://www.whiteroseenergy.co.uk/
    and I can see for starters that the VAT number is incorrect/incomplete
    Last edited by footyguy; 17-10-2016 at 3:51 PM.
    • Rachel Pig
    • By Rachel Pig 15th Nov 16, 10:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rachel Pig
    • 15th Nov 16, 10:14 PM
    White Rose Energy Flat Capped v2
    • 15th Nov 16, 10:14 PM
    I have just decided to switch to this provider based on the projections on this website. However, after signing up I noticed that their projections were vastly different to the MSE figures. So much so that I would be paying more rather than less!

The quoted unit rate for electricity is 10.707 on MSE but White Rose (Robin Hood) site states 14.0493
    The quoted unit rate for gas was 2.702 on MSE but on White Rose (Robin Hood) was 3.1532

I understand that the onus is on me to check these things, but how can the provider get away with changing the price on a 'fixed' tariff? Or have MSE just got it wrong?
    • wolliff
    • By wolliff 16th Nov 16, 7:56 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    wolliff
    • 16th Nov 16, 7:56 AM
    Sitching inaccuracy
    • 16th Nov 16, 7:56 AM
    i have also looked at switching to White Rose [ from extra Energy] - based on the figures on MSE - again they have increased from what MSE indicated by quite a high percentage.from a lower unit rate to 14.05p per kwh - although the standing charge of 19.98p per day was in the " ball park".

This supplier limits energy to the Yorkshire area [ which i am part of] but i dont know why MSE has such a large variation to that of the energy provider. I am surprised & disappointed as i have been a supporter of MSE for many years.

Summats Up !!
    • wolliff
    • By wolliff 16th Nov 16, 8:04 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    wolliff
    • 16th Nov 16, 8:04 AM
    • 16th Nov 16, 8:04 AM
    I agree Rachel Pig - the figures from the two sources [ White Rose & MSE] are totally different. Sadly may have to stay with Extra Energy as their prices are very competitive V1 [ Nov 2017] Fixed Price - although their general service is quite poor. Unfortunately White Rose has no service record - and as their costs are much higher... then better the devil you know........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,045Posts Today

7,791Users online

Martin's Twitter