Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 17th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 7,187Posts
    • 7,282Thanks
    pappa golf
    UKCPS the official update
    • 17th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    UKCPS the official update 17th Oct 16 at 11:04 AM
    Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that on the 13th October 2016, DVLA were made aware that UKCPS’ Accredited Operator Scheme membership had been suspended. Therefore they would be unable to access DVLA vehicle keeper data until membership is regained.

I believe the date held on the IPC website was incorrect. I note this has now been amended to show 13/10/2016

I hope this information helps to answer your query.

Kind regards

David Dunford
    Data Sharing Strategy & Compliance
    Strategy, Policy & Communications Directorate | D16 | DVLA | Swansea | SA99 1DY
    Twitter: @dvlagovuk

[IMG]imap://xxxx%40gmx%2Eco%2Euk@imap.gmx.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E515?part=1.2&filename=image001.png[/IMG]

Vehicle tax or SORN can’t be passed on when a vehicle changes hands.
    Find out more at: www.gov.uk/vehicletaxrules

indeed the IPC page has been amended again
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 5,538 Posts
    • 7,123 Thanks
    beamerguy
    A rubbish web site
    http://www.premierparkinglogistics.co.uk/

Links come up with
    Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "404 Not Found".
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 39,770 Posts
    • 79,608 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    A rubbish web site
    http://www.premierparkinglogistics.co.uk/

Links come up with
    Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "404 Not Found".
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    I think I should offer my services as a proof reader.

Which would be of great use to them because.

They really need it and.

They carn't spill fercoffee.

And there grandma is grisdaceful.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Zero Gravitas
    • By Zero Gravitas 21st Oct 16, 8:51 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 431 Thanks
    Zero Gravitas
    And I particularly like the bit on the home page under the heading "Companies we have helped" - completely blank...
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Oct 16, 8:56 PM
    • 5,538 Posts
    • 7,123 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I think I should offer my services as a proof reader.

Which would be of great use to them because.

They really need it and.

They carn't spill fercoffee.

And there grandma is grisdaceful.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    But this is just what we expect from Gladstones/IPC/IAS
    The mind really does boggle
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Mattycoco
    • By Mattycoco 23rd Dec 16, 11:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mattycoco
    Do we know if UKCPS are still suspended, having no access to DVLA? I have a PCN from them dated 18th December 2016 and wondering whether to appeal. Thanks.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Dec 16, 1:19 AM
    • 48,395 Posts
    • 61,847 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We think they are back but wait to see if you get a NTK. Do not contact them, unless this is a company car and you are concerned about the registered keeper getting a letter. If the rk is you, no worries, come back and start a new thread in January if you do get a NTK.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mattycoco
    • By Mattycoco 24th Dec 16, 5:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mattycoco
    Thanks. I'm not the registered keeper as it's a contract-hire van through my company and the v5 log book is with a 3rd party. I'll follow the guidance on this forum. As a note, there are no signs at the entrance to this small retail park, only signs on the walls of the retail units which I didn't see.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Dec 16, 9:28 PM
    • 48,395 Posts
    • 61,847 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    the v5 log book is with a 3rd party.
    Ouch. So will that party pay or charge you, as most lease firms do? If any danger of that, I would think about appealing this to hook it to you and away from the owners, in the first week.

If there is no danger and the party on the V5 are happy to appeal it, warn them and wait (no appeal yet). Apparently the BVRLA have come to an agreement with the IPC that appeals from rental/hire firms SHOULD be accepted! Worth knowing.

So, that is the very best thing to do, if the (the rental/lease firm, if BVRLA members) wait for the letter then appeal it in their name, mentioning the new BVRLA agreement/memorandum of understanding and asking for it to be cancelled as the van was being used for a genuine delivery (or whatever).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 24-12-2016 at 9:32 PM.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• shorty2240
    • By shorty2240 25th Dec 16, 1:51 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    shorty2240
    The sticky/faq thread says to wait with UKCPS between Oct-Dec 16, is this still the case? Getting mixed signals!

I got a ticket on the 18th too, for parking outside of a marked bay. I didn't block anyone in, it's a free car park at the cinema and it was totally full, loads of people were parking on the kerb sides etc/

Trying to decide whether to send an informal appeal letter at least on the grounds of not being able to afford the fine or wait as per the sticky :/ however I don't feel like I can risk letting the cost jump from £60 to £100
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 25th Dec 16, 2:03 PM
    • 7,187 Posts
    • 7,282 Thanks
    pappa golf
    if you got a ticket on the 18th , the info in the sticky/faq regarding dates does not affect you , as they had DVLA access back by the 18th
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Dec 16, 5:31 PM
    • 48,395 Posts
    • 61,847 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    if you got a ticket on the 18th , the info in the sticky/faq regarding dates does not affect you , as they had DVLA access back by the 18th
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    I don't think we know that...not unless someone wants to do an FOI request to the DVLA.

We know they were reinstated as an ATA member after suspension. That doesn't tell us anything about DVLA access dates.

• Kttyn
    • By Kttyn 15th Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kttyn
    Still got my details from dvla
    Hi. I have read through all the stickey thread regarding this company as on the 5th Feb I got a ticket. I thought it was parking (it was 9.30 on a sat night and all I saw was a big blue P) there was very tiny writing underneath and no lights...
    I did as suggested and ignored the fine in my windscreen... As it was stated they couldn't get my details from the dvla as they are now banned.
    Yet somehow last week a letter showed up from them now 'inviting' me to pay £100.....

I'm lost... What do I do next?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Mar 17, 4:31 PM
    • 14,800 Posts
    • 18,615 Thanks
    Redx
    read the NEWBIES sticky thread , reading the IPC member guidance and follow that advice

then start your own thread using the red NEW THREAD button, top left of the main parking forum if you need further help

they were unbanned late last year so if this event happened in 2017 then ignore that info on being banned , they have not been banned at any time this year
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,337Posts Today

8,006Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin