Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ktcoil
    • By ktcoil 17th Oct 16, 9:22 AM
    • 352Posts
    • 32Thanks
    ktcoil
    Running- Toilet issues **Only open if you dont mind reading**
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:22 AM
    Running- Toilet issues **Only open if you dont mind reading** 17th Oct 16 at 9:22 AM
    Please delete if not allowed

This is for other runners, I normally manage to go to the toilet before running but not always, I will aim for a 10 mile jog and could do more if I wanted to but is issue(prob the same as others) is that 3/4 through my jog I am in need of the toilet and have to make my way home(guessing this is due to bowel movement from jogging), Is there something I can do or take to stop this?

thanks
Page 1
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 17th Oct 16, 12:08 PM
    • 5,927 Posts
    • 14,868 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:08 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:08 PM
    My Scout colleague has a related challenge whilst instructor for zipline.

We've "solved" the problem (& the related concentration challenge) by requiring instructor in charge to swap out every hour but it's still a 20' ladder then half a mile uphill before there's a door you can lock (as the shrubbery is absolutely not an option when the site's heaving with Scouts!)

I've suggested the (infamous) Girl Scout Tent be located in the waiting area, for the peace of mind of all involved but that *may* be felt to be a tent too far. (Or too inconvenient for other users.)
    • SG27
    • By SG27 19th Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 1,140 Thanks
    SG27
    • 19th Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    If im doing a long run i just go before i leave. Never had a problem running marathons.
    Mortgage Debt: £93,537.48/£105,025 Feb 13
    Overpayments so far: £3,939.72
    • MarkFromCornwall
    • By MarkFromCornwall 19th Oct 16, 8:47 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    MarkFromCornwall
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:47 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:47 PM
    I live in a very rural area. Some of the vegetation along my running routes benefits from my fertiliser. I've never really found a solution but I do find it is much less of a problem in the afternoons and evenings than in the mornings and I would never do a long run until at least two hours after a meal.
    • prosaver
    • By prosaver 19th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    • 4,998 Posts
    • 3,798 Thanks
    prosaver
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    • 19th Oct 16, 8:50 PM
    I heared the toilet on the train gets blocked b4 the london marathon ...so maybe try and go b4 your run.
    Referendum,Lisbon Treaty. shamelessly broken by labour and we never had the chance to vote on probably the most important change in Britain’s sovereignty in hundreds of years. Then Brown slunk off to sign the Treaty alone, away from the cameras and other European leaders, as if embarrassed by this betrayal of the people he’s paid to represent.
    • culpepper
    • By culpepper 20th Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    • 3,709 Posts
    • 6,040 Thanks
    culpepper
    • 20th Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    • 20th Oct 16, 8:37 AM
    When we ran regularly I found I needed to wait about 2 hours after eating before it was safe. Hubby says the energy gels don't help.
    • barbarawright
    • By barbarawright 20th Oct 16, 1:39 PM
    • 1,606 Posts
    • 3,064 Thanks
    barbarawright
    • 20th Oct 16, 1:39 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 1:39 PM
    It's getting really hard to find public loos that are open. One that I used to use in my nearest park has just closed. In some ways it's easier in winter when I'm wearing more clothes and I just go into pubs or places like Starbucks but I'm always a bit embarassed in Summer when I'm wearing shorts and it's more obvious I'm not a customer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,003Posts Today

5,757Users online

Martin's Twitter