Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LuckyPenny
    • By LuckyPenny 17th Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    • 463Posts
    • 3,087Thanks
    LuckyPenny
    What small DFW things will you do this week? Wc 17/10/16
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    What small DFW things will you do this week? Wc 17/10/16 17th Oct 16 at 7:44 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
    Last edited by LuckyPenny; 17-10-2016 at 7:49 AM.
    Wins so far Designer Wedding Dress,IPod Nano,£50 Meal Voucher,Family Photoshoot,Trampoline, Earrings, Week in a cottage, A years supply of Kiddilicious, Board Game, £25 Clothes Voucher, 4 Easter Eggs, £10 coffee shop voucher, £12 cash, Tube scarf, Ice Age bundle

Pay off all debts by Xmas 2016 #69 £4,851/£9,972 Christmas 2016 Saving #75 £181/£334
Page 2
    • La escocesa
    • By La escocesa 17th Oct 16, 8:34 PM
    • 2,626 Posts
    • 15,285 Thanks
    La escocesa
    Hi guys

Not really much to say but thought I'd pop by...

Had brekkie and packed lunch. Freezer tea tonight.

Banking looks ok...

Walked home from the tram so that was a little extra bit of exercise...

Had a sh!t day at work and am absolutely shattered so not much else on the cards really.

OH is working tonight so that's good.

xx
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 17th Oct 16, 9:01 PM
    • 4,080 Posts
    • 30,410 Thanks
    DawnW
    PF did I read that right that you have to PAY your council to remove garden waste? That is shocking...
    Originally posted by determined new ms
    Indeed they collect it every two weeks all year round. We can take it to the tip but it means filling up the car and the petrol to get there and it's only open about two days a week because of cuts. I think it's poor though when others get it for free.

Lego mum is fine but not posting, but reading when she can
    Originally posted by PurpleFairy26
    Similar situation here to PF. Council charges for garden waste disposal plus they have closed the tip for several days a week I sent my garden waste bin back ages ago in any case, as we compost, and I think 2 great big ugly plastic bins plus a box in my small garden is quite enough thanks! I did manage to get the Council to change the giant general waste bin for a smaller one, but the recycling bin, into which you can put only cardboard and plastic bottles is MAHOOSIVE and there is no smaller alternative, so that only gets put out once every two months or so, and it is generally not full then. Who on earth fills a huge bin full of cardboard and plastic bottles every 2 weeks??

Glad to hear that Legomum is fine

• Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 17th Oct 16, 9:48 PM
    • 7,964 Posts
    • 51,148 Thanks
    Bobarella
    We also have to pay for garden waste to be removed. But we don't. We just leave it in piles to go brown and dry. It was going to cost something like £55 for a brown garden bin. We also compost a lot.

It is scary about the plastic Determined
    £800 to pay =70% repaid
    RR 2016 #2 December £0.17 2016-£55.16 2015- £84.20)
    Wombling Free 2016#5 £2,227.06 2015 £1027.20
    NST December
    PAYDBX #7 £1890.53/£2,700 (70%)
    • Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 17th Oct 16, 10:40 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 9,402 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    LuckyPenny Thank you for starting this week's thread.

Bob Good to see you are under a thousand pounds.

Lego Mum Good to hear your fine, hope you feel up to posting in the not too distant future.

Like many of you we also wash out plastic bags for reuse and if the weather is good I hang them on the line to dry. I also don't care what the neighbours think.

Feeling almost back to my normal self, except when I cough. Both children also have coughs.

I didn't manage to keep up with the thread over the weekend as we were so busy celebrating my Sister's birthday amongst other things. We didn't spend anything over the weekend

Today I did a small grocery shop and updated our grocery challenge. I have sorted our library loans so OH can return them on his way to work tomorrow. All our meals were from stores. I've set the DW & WM to run overnight. Basically lots or regular things.
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 18th Oct 16, 7:17 AM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 8,633 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all my smalls are still asleep and I really should be getting them up as I need to take them to DM on my way to work so she can have them for the day and it's likely to be over an hours drive in the rain. So I'll be quick!

Check banking, surveys, FPL and £co (money taking so much longer to pay out from here these days)
    Cashed out £3 survey
    Leftovers for lunch, it's quite a decent amount so I might just have toast or something for tea as DH will be in bed by the time I get back
    Write list tonight of what I need to take away with us
    Check octobers to do list and write/add to novembers
    Washing out of machine that was done overnight on airer

Little list as I'll mainly be at work. Check back later. PF.
    CC1 paid off April '16. Debt on 0% card deal ends March '18, so DF date is also March '18, because we'll be saving the rest
    • LuckyPenny
    • By LuckyPenny 18th Oct 16, 7:53 AM
    • 463 Posts
    • 3,087 Thanks
    LuckyPenny
    La Ehope you have a better day today. Glad your feeling better Baileys Babe . I refuse to pay the garden waste fee. We are "rubbish" (ha,ha) at cutting our grass so we only need to take it to the skip a few times a year. We usually take other stuff at the same time to make the fuel and time spend worth it.
    I'm not doing a huge amount of MSE stuff today-
    - packed lunch to work
    - postcode lottery
    - check apps - eBay, Facebook, MR
    Think that's it for me, LP x
    Wins so far Designer Wedding Dress,IPod Nano,£50 Meal Voucher,Family Photoshoot,Trampoline, Earrings, Week in a cottage, A years supply of Kiddilicious, Board Game, £25 Clothes Voucher, 4 Easter Eggs, £10 coffee shop voucher, £12 cash, Tube scarf, Ice Age bundle

Pay off all debts by Xmas 2016 #69 £4,851/£9,972 Christmas 2016 Saving #75 £181/£334
    • katy_ann
    • By katy_ann 18th Oct 16, 8:42 AM
    • 896 Posts
    • 4,481 Thanks
    katy_ann
    Morning guys and thank you for your best wishes! I will try and enjoy my last few weeks before my little man arrives! My list for today is:
    - NSD hopefully!
    - Check banking
    - Got the health visitor visiting at 1.30 so a quick tidy round!
    - Surveys/Swagbucks
    - All meals from home

Have a lovely day all x
    Officially Debt Free on 10/12/2015 | Married on 02/07/2016 | Baby Boy Due on 21/11/2016
    November NSD 0/6
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 18th Oct 16, 9:29 AM
    • 5,553 Posts
    • 29,436 Thanks
    determined new ms
    awwww a little boy katy! Boys are lovely, adore their mum's and often real funny firecrackers! (girls are adorable too, just in a different way) x

Honestly I absolutely wouldn't pay for it and would up my composting. Although it would cause so much trouble between me and oh! He honestly hates my recycling ways

Off work now until Thursday taking madam to a free singing group this afternoon. She's happily entertaining herself now so using the time to tidy & clean the house. Will do kitchen, lounge and bathroom today...

Money saving efforts:

* just did a meal plan for the next 10 days & a small shopping list. Think I will spend sub £15
    * checked weather forecast and although it grey and dull here it's not going to rain so put a load on
    * might take madam to get her feet measured as yesterday she complained her shoes are tight
    * updated spending diary
    * check banking and do a couple of small transfers
    * dinner is stir fry using lo meat from Sunday
    * go through/clean fridge
    * photo and list 5 things on fleabay
    * parcel fleabay sale using recycled packaging and post
    * make wraps & pizza base
    * portion up bns soup I made yesterday and freeze a few portions (desperately trying to clear my freezer but continuing to fill it at the same time that't why my gc bill is so low for 10 days as I need to clear it. Note to self stop batch cooking! )
    * continue knitting socks. Annoyed with myself as I didn't do it last night and instead just frittered my time away online
    * got 2 flapjacks out for snacks later
    * boiled kettle by mistake so put the hot water in a flask for when I want a coffee later
    * couple of alterations to clothes - taking up a couple of pairs of jeans for dgd, sewing on buttons to my mac and shortening sleeves of a top I got at the clothes swap on Sunday

Ok think that's all I need to do. Better get on she won't entertain herself forever! Happy Tuesday to you all x
    Last edited by determined new ms; 18-10-2016 at 1:06 PM.
    Debt to Bank of oh Mum: £4200/£5700
    Wombling 2016 £263.42 Roadkill £27.21
    • FrugalinShropshire
    • By FrugalinShropshire 18th Oct 16, 12:11 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 1,394 Thanks
    FrugalinShropshire
    Slow morning today just sitting drinking coffee when I should be working, but I had a rubbish night.
    This morning I have made 36 hob nobs as it was OH's turn to take biscuits for his choir.
    I have deleted and unsubscribed from loads of emails as some of them are just so tempting!
    Just making a veggie chilli to have with baked potatoes tonight
    Need to get on and be more productive
    Proud to be mortgage free
    Food budget for October £99.92/£100
    Food budget for November £0/£200
    • princess_pea
    • By princess_pea 18th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 2,571 Thanks
    princess_pea
    Hi everyone. What a lovely sunny day it is here!

I've got £70 to last until pay day on the 28th which should be do-able as we have food in so the only things we should need are top-ups like milk and some dog food

Things to do this week...
    Walk to work and back as much as possible
    Meals from stores plus make packed lunch for each weekday
    Post declaration letter to the bank after opening Help to Buy ISA last week (need to buy a stamp grrrr)
    Prioritise workload at work
    Start work on PGCAP module. Deadline is the 4th January but I need to arrange two observed teaching sessions. Work are paying for this qualification and I want to do well
    Fly lady each day - I put away the dishes and washing this morning
    Mountain of ironing to do as per usual
    Bathroom to clean
    Go through bathroom products and see what is nearly finished so I can cut open and use up
    Wedding dress STILL TO WASH in the bath!
    Hunt for the best deal on hubby's Christmas present
    Surveys
    Banking and spending diary update
    Ring Grandma this week
    Do another batch of homemade hummus (was lush DNMS thanks!)
    Carry on reading kindle book
    File recent paperwork away
    Check FPL daily

Think that is all for now
    DFD 7/3/2016
    Married 3/9/2016
    Mortgage Deposit £3600
    • ziggy2407
    • By ziggy2407 18th Oct 16, 1:32 PM
    • 2,645 Posts
    • 18,233 Thanks
    ziggy2407
    Good Afternoon All

Lego mum - Miss you, hope you're ok and back posting soon

Weather here very changeable, mood very low (blummin hormones so hope it passes quickly). Today's list:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    RM Survey - Done
    Ironing - Done
    Bump listing on freegle/ebay -
    Lists few bits for sale -
    Craft -
    Declutter -
    Walk at least 7000 step for Bounts points -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day!

C x
    It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward. (Old Chinese Proverb)

Stashbusting Challenge 2016 - 80/52
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 18th Oct 16, 6:46 PM
    • 5,553 Posts
    • 29,436 Thanks
    determined new ms
    awwww a little boy katy! Boys are lovely, adore their mum's and often real funny firecrackers! (girls are adorable too, just in a different way) x

Honestly I absolutely wouldn't pay for it and would up my composting. Although it would cause so much trouble between me and oh! He honestly hates my recycling ways

Off work now until Thursday taking madam to a free singing group this afternoon. She's happily entertaining herself now so using the time to tidy & clean the house. Will do kitchen, lounge and bathroom today...

Money saving efforts:

* just did a meal plan for the next 10 days & a small shopping list. Think I will spend sub £15 spent £180.77 this month (our gc month runs 21st-20th
    * checked weather forecast and although it grey and dull here it's not going to rain so put a load on will need to hang on the drier, will put it on for a couple of hours
    * might take madam to get her feet measured as yesterday she complained her shoes are tight Was going there after shopping but traffic was heavy so decided to give it a miss. We are going to a play group near there tomorrow so will go then
    * updated spending diary
    * check banking and do a couple of small transfers
    * dinner is stir fry using lo meat from Sunday opps didn't bother cooking dinner. dgd had some left over pasta & bolognaise and I'll have some soup later. Not sure what oh is doing as he's going out
    * go through/clean fridge opps didn't do...
    * photo and list 5 things on fleabay
    * parcel fleabay sale using recycled packaging and post
    * make wraps & pizza base opps didn't do... will have to do tomorrow
    * portion up bns soup I made yesterday and freeze a few portions (desperately trying to clear my freezer but continuing to fill it at the same time that't why my gc bill is so low for 10 days as I need to clear it. Note to self stop batch cooking! )
    * continue knitting socks. Annoyed with myself as I didn't do it last night and instead just frittered my time away online
    * got 2 flapjacks out for snacks later
    * boiled kettle by mistake so put the hot water in a flask for when I want a coffee later
    * couple of alterations to clothes - taking up a couple of pairs of jeans for dgd, sewing on buttons to my mac and shortening sleeves of a top I got at the clothes swap on Sunday

Ok think that's all I need to do. Better get on she won't entertain herself forever! Happy Tuesday to you all x
    Originally posted by determined new ms
    Think other than knitting & listing the couple of bits I photoed earlier that's me done for the day hope you all had a lovely day. Sending warmest thoughts to all of those busy/ill/struggling x
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 18th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 4,080 Posts
    • 30,410 Thanks
    DawnW
    Evening all
    Feeling a bit bleurrgh today which I suspect may be a reaction to the flu jab I had on Saturday. Managed the following nevertheless:
    Dog walks x 2
    Walked to town to post ebay sales, also popped into Sainsburys for a few top up bits (fruit, salad bits, dried yeast)
    Dried a load of washing outside
    Used up leftovers for lunch
    Cooked chicken left over from yesterday for dinner with jacket potatoes and salad
    Chicken carcase bubbling away in the SC for stock
    Meat offer delivered from Campbells meats, their 'winter steak pack'. £29 for more than 3 kilos of excellent quality meat (various types of steak, plus mince, sausages and burgers) all ready packed for the freezer. I have bought from them before, and am impressed by the quality. They are a Scottish company, and the meat is delivered the day after ordering by courier, in a polystyrene box with ice packs, so it stays nice and cold.
    Listed some more things on ebay (boxed sets of glasses seem to be going quite well at the moment if anyone is interested - vintage ones, or crystal / cut glass especially popular ). Care needed with packing though!!!
    Found a courgette and a few French beans to pick
    Now sitting by a toasty fire with the kettle singing on top of the stove We are currently burning an old decking / verandah type thing that OH was paid to alter back in the summer - the lady asked him to dispose of the rubbish, which he wouldn't have ageed to had it been anything but wood, as he does not have a waste disposal licence. Waste wood comes home though, either to be made into something else, or to keep the heating bills down!

Going for an early night, as I have GD to look after tomorrow and will need all my faculties
    Last edited by DawnW; 18-10-2016 at 7:42 PM.

• LuckyPenny
    • By LuckyPenny 18th Oct 16, 8:31 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 3,087 Thanks
    LuckyPenny
    La Ehope you have a better day today. Glad your feeling better Baileys Babe . I refuse to pay the garden waste fee. We are "rubbish" (ha,ha) at cutting our grass so we only need to take it to the skip a few times a year. We usually take other stuff at the same time to make the fuel and time spend worth it.
    I'm not doing a huge amount of MSE stuff today-
    - packed lunch to work
    - postcode lottery
    - check apps - eBay, Facebook, MR
    Think that's it for me, LP x
    Originally posted by LuckyPenny

- Took soup in and was offered a free buffet lunch, so I've put the soup in the work fridge for tomorrow.
    - Listed the bike that DH got out of the garage yesterday, fingers crossed it will sell this week, so I have a few extra spends for half term.
    - topcashback Halloween comp
    Last edited by LuckyPenny; 18-10-2016 at 8:36 PM.

• woollisox
    • By woollisox 19th Oct 16, 6:48 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 339 Thanks
    woollisox
    Good morning all!

Missed yesterday and Monday as it was back to work and I think it was a bit of a shock to the system as I'd been off for 9 weeks! Not so money saving but I got up late yesterday and had to get a taxi to work - £10 for 3.5 miles! (May not be expensive for where others live but it's blimming extortionate here )
    Anyway, today's money saving ideas:
    *Packed lunch and breakfast so no spending in Gregg's cafe
    *also taking a mug and some tea bags for my break (as I've ran out of 3 in 1 coffee). If there's no milk left in the staff fridge it will have to be sugarless and black as I will not cave in to Greggs!
    *buses to and from work using my bus pass
    *pick up new (and free!) sofa from my aunt after work (after getting a transit-driving relative to fetch it for me)
    *washing was put in this morning will see what I can do with it when I get home (may have to go in tumble dryer though as there's no heating in the house and I can't use the garden yet)
    *all plugs are off (except OHs phone charger as he's still in bed snoozing)
    *go online browsing for a new halogen oven. Other half broke mine last night when fetching it out and it unfortunately shattered so no fixes available. Due to the renovation work we don't currently have an oven so this is one of those essential spends (as I don't want to do all of our meals in the slow cooker and not having one will only encourage OH to buy more takeaways)
    *get paid Friday so need to go through wages and dish everything out. I owe OH £40 as he paid the electric bill this month.
    *go through fridge and freezer to make some kind of meal plan - as much as Ive got the equipment to cook with at the moment.
    * write the rest of my essay and chase up a meeting with placement people.

I have a busy day today so best crack on!
    Have a good day, to you all! Take care x
    • La escocesa
    • By La escocesa 19th Oct 16, 7:10 AM
    • 2,626 Posts
    • 15,285 Thanks
    La escocesa
    Morning everyone

Thanks LP - yesterday was a much better day thanks. I think it's just the stress of a 3-day week and trying to fit in 5 days work. (I'm off on holiday ) My boss is out of the office today and then he is off the week I get back so it was trying to do a bit of a handover etc too. Plus annoying clients asking annoying questions but that's just run of the mill...

Wow, I saved some money yesterday - went into bed at 8pm. Heating was off, fleecy jammies on and started reading a new book. Must've fallen asleep about 9.30 but definitely before 10 as my sis texted me then and I didn't see it. Ahhh

What else... freezer tea last night - salmon and sweet chilli sauce with jacket potato. Mmmm.

Also made HM sweet potato, onion and chili soup to use up some bits and pieces.

Need to sort YNAB this morning. All looks ok but we've not got quite as much £££ for our holiday as I would've liked but hopefully doable.

Take care mes amis

I missed why lego mum has stopped posting but hopefully she'll be back soon.
    xxx
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 19th Oct 16, 8:10 AM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 8,633 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all quick one as we're away today and I'm still not showered, one small is still asleep and the clothes are all on the bed rather than in a case we don't have a specific time to leave but want to go early ish.

I feel your pain la e just done a weeks worth of work in 2 days!!!
    Today:
    Check baking, surveys and FPL
    Take milk and staples from home to holiday place, take tea towel, bin bag and washing up liquid to save buying these there
    Snacks for car
    Post two fleabay parcels
    Fill car up but work will pay
    Leave house tidy. DH cleaned downstairs yesterday, will do a quick fly lady in bathroom and girls room is fine, beds are made.

Possibly won't be posting until Saturday unless I can get some wifi, so have a good rest of week. PF.
    CC1 paid off April '16. Debt on 0% card deal ends March '18, so DF date is also March '18, because we'll be saving the rest
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 19th Oct 16, 8:27 AM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 14,363 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Morning Campers,
    I didn't post yesterday as had dentist stress. It turned out ok. Treatment to pay for but they messed my appointment times up so didn't charge me for my scale & polish......which offset my subsequent £50 Ikea purchase by £33.
    Today's money saving plans:
    *Make big fish pie, enough for 2 days. Instead of mash, will cook all tiny l/o homegrown potatoes, halve them & arrange on top to use them up.
    *Order some gifts from book catalogue. Amazingly, 5 of the books we have decided to buy for people are in there & at a vastly lower price.
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water & still no heating on yet. Laundry to be pegged outside so a bit of energy saved there.
    *Cash in Toluna points for £15 Sainsbury's giftcard.
    *Bake something.....maybe apple & cinnamon scones?
    *Pick a few courgettes as plants will v soon be over.
    *Soak sweetpea seeds for sowing tomorrow (free seeds).
    *Clear herb bed. Cut everything back & tie anything which is still good enough to dry in bunches to bring inside.
    *Pick last few bunches of grapes.
    *Enter 3 competitions.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Carry on knitting sissy-in-law's present.
    *mf f has asked me for a Christmas list. Apart from some perfume, as I've run out & it's not something I think to buy for myself, I can't think of a single thing! Anyway, it reminded me we need to agree a limit for presents to each other. Nice to have some treats but not nice to be still paying for them in February.
    Ok, busy list so will crack on by getting the fish out of the freezer & putting an egg on to hardboil for my pie.
    Love to all.....& keep it in your purse!!
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund = £2107-27
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £195
    • katy_ann
    • By katy_ann 19th Oct 16, 9:19 AM
    • 896 Posts
    • 4,481 Thanks
    katy_ann
    Morning guys Day 3 of maternity leave and no plans, so just going to have a lazy one! Got family coming over tonight for FIL's birthday takeaway meal My list for today:
    - Check bank accounts
    - Sort out more baby things
    - Surveys/Swagbucks
    - Pick up a baby chair from gumtree, a £5 bargain!
    - Quick tidy round and do a load of washing

Have a good day everyone x
    Officially Debt Free on 10/12/2015 | Married on 02/07/2016 | Baby Boy Due on 21/11/2016
    November NSD 0/6
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 19th Oct 16, 9:50 AM
    • 5,553 Posts
    • 29,436 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Morning guys yay to it being Wednesday and another day off Have been up since the crack of dawn and feeling pretty productive already Will just do household chore until 10.30 leaving me the rest of the day to play with madam and do things I enjoy doing

* put load of washing on will peg out in a minute. Nice day here (now was very crisp this morning and I did put heating on for 1/2 hour)
    * stripped and remade madam's bed. Put fleece blanket under sheet. Why is it apparently colder here than up north???
    * checked aubergines. Going to harvest them today as baby aubergines and compost plants
    * have measured out all ingredients to make tortilla wraps. Just need to make the dough now & cook. Will freeze the majority in batches of 6 made 19 will make YS BBQ turkey
    * tidied & swept kitchen, washed up, cleaned down the sides of the cooker
    * going to attempt to decant inside freezer contents into outside freezer/fridge and defrost it. This is going to be a hard job as it is brimming but it's so over frozen it's constantly on auto defrost and the bottom of my fridge constantly full of water hope this doesn't mean we need a new fridge as we have decided we need a new mattress. Oh has visions of us spending £400 on one but I can't afford that I could probably stretch to one that is £300 and use some of my emergency fund...
    * make pizza base for dinner Friday
    * decided on a home day today so playing with toys at home, reading, board games and a trip to the park on the itinerary
    * would like to spend 30 mins sorting out garden....
    * hopefully go to the lottie this evening when oh comes home for an hour - got a fair amount done yesterday in this time
    * photo & list yet more fleabay items
    * wrap & post 2 fleabay items
    * lunch is courgette soup I defrosted last night
    * dinner is lo pork stir fry
    * clean bathroom & dust & polish hallway & bedrooms
    * knitting socks!
    * emailing complaint to a1d1 as their gherkins keep going mouldy after about a week. This has happened now for at least the last couple of months! Emailing them photographic evidence!

Seems loads better stop procrastinating
    Last edited by determined new ms; 19-10-2016 at 2:16 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,108Posts Today

6,202Users online

Martin's Twitter