Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kiwi_fruit
    • By kiwi_fruit 17th Oct 16, 1:24 AM
    • 708Posts
    • 313Thanks
    kiwi_fruit
    "Good till cancelled" and FVF promotions?
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:24 AM
    "Good till cancelled" and FVF promotions? 17th Oct 16 at 1:24 AM
    I noticed the option "good till cancelled" is now available (to non business sellers/shops holders), I was wondering if I were to list during the FVF promotion period, eg "max £1 FVF" and select "Good till cancelled" option, will the promotional FVF be applicable even if the item takes forever to sell, say months? Seems too good to be true. Hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Oct 16, 7:40 AM
    • 9,690 Posts
    • 6,507 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:40 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:40 AM
    I noticed the option "good till cancelled" is now available (to non business sellers/shops holders), I was wondering if I were to list during the FVF promotion period, eg "max £1 FVF" and select "Good till cancelled" option, will the promotional FVF be applicable even if the item takes forever to sell, say months? Seems too good to be true. Hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by kiwi_fruit
    All GTC does is stop you having to remember to relist. Each 30 days the listing relists automatically, any fees applicable at the time of listing will be relevant.
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 17th Oct 16, 8:21 AM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:21 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:21 AM
    If a product line doesn't sell for 18 months the monthly insertion fee does increase by 10p per month, which is basically a fine for having product lines that fill up the site and don't sell.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Oct 16, 8:50 AM
    • 57,708 Posts
    • 40,797 Thanks
    soolin
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:50 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:50 AM
    If a product line doesn't sell for 18 months the monthly insertion fee does increase by 10p per month, which is basically a fine for having product lines that fill up the site and don't sell.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    I thought ebay decided against that new rule?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 17th Oct 16, 9:47 AM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:47 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:47 AM
    I thought ebay decided against that new rule?
    hmmm, not sure about that, my longest running item without a sale hasn't got that far yet.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    • 57,708 Posts
    • 40,797 Thanks
    soolin
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    hmmm, not sure about that, my longest running item without a sale hasn't got that far yet.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    It might be yet another thing I misremembered- I don't really pay as much attention to ebay as I used to- and like you I don't have anything that has been constantly relisted without a sale for that long.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • kiwi_fruit
    • By kiwi_fruit 17th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    • 708 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    kiwi_fruit
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    All GTC does is stop you having to remember to relist. Each 30 days the listing relists automatically, any fees applicable at the time of listing will be relevant.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Oh, I though GTC listings never end, rather than self-relist! Thanks, than makes sense.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 57,708 Posts
    • 40,797 Thanks
    soolin
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    Oh, I though GTC listings never end, rather than self-relist! Thanks, than makes sense.
    They don't end, they are just charged every 30 days .
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Oct 16, 6:10 PM
    • 9,690 Posts
    • 6,507 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:10 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:10 PM
    Yes sorry I didn't make that clear. They don't physically end because they 'relist themselves' it's a perpetual listing and your fees are the same as if you had listed it yourself once ended.
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

282Posts Today

1,741Users online

Martin's Twitter