Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Casciana
    • By Casciana 17th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Casciana
    Parking Eye - machines not working
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    Parking Eye - machines not working 17th Oct 16 at 12:12 AM
    Hi, I parked at a PE car park one evening recently but was unable to purchase a ticket due to the machine being out of order. There was nothing on the machine to indicate that it was out of order (so nothing to take a photograph of), but the money kept on falling through. I even returned to the car to get different coins, and the same happened a number of times. I then went over to the only other ticket machine in the car park, and somebody else was having exactly the same problem, informing me that the machine was out of order. There were no other ticket machines on site, and no other car parks nearby. We both decided that we should place a note in our windscreens to indicate the problem, and included our mobile numbers should an attendant come by.
    I have now received a PCN from PE, which I intend to appeal on unfair grounds, using the template letter on this site (Option 3), but on reading it I feel that only the 'Mitigating circumstances' section would apply, and I'm not sure that this carries much weight, reading other threads on here. Can anyone advise me what other parts of the template letter might apply to my situation?
    Many thanks in advance for any guidance
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Oct 16, 1:01 AM
    • 40,470 Posts
    • 52,375 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:01 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:01 AM
    Nonono, stop reading the article and trying to use that useless template which gives away who was driving!

Please stay on the forum only, forget the MSE article which still has huge flaws. You cannot appeal on mitigation, you will lose. We have a template appeal in the NEWBIES thread which is the right sort of thing to submit, as it is from the keeper and does not say who was driving, nor try pointless mitigation.

Saying that, you could add to our forum template appeal that 'the driver' reports that the machines were both not working at the time and another driver had exactly the same issue. DO NOT say 'I' !

So, first things first, does your original PCN (NOT the reminder, if you were sent one) have a blank space at the bottom, like this example:

http://imgur.com/a/FOfr8

Or does it have an extra paragraph in the middle of that blurb, about the POFA/keeper liability after 29 days?

PLEASE CONFIRM WHICH.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-10-2016 at 1:03 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 17th Oct 16, 7:04 AM
    • 981 Posts
    • 1,720 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:04 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:04 AM
    Was this a hospital site? And what did it day on the signs/machines with regards to machine failure.

Machine failure is an "expected issue" and unless there is some sort of advice on how to deal with it, you should be able to argue frustration of contract.

So can you get a pic of the signs.
    General Election coming up? Your MP worried about his/her job? Give them something to do and get them to sort out these parking cowboys. Search "Theyworkforyou" for the name of your MP.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,724Posts Today

8,460Users online

Martin's Twitter