Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nashau
    • By nashau 16th Oct 16, 11:50 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    nashau
    Worried about my Car Insurance
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:50 PM
    Worried about my Car Insurance 16th Oct 16 at 11:50 PM
    Hi guys,

I am hoping you can put my mind at ease.

My car insurance with Zenith expired last weekend and I had no intention of renewing (as we all know its cheaper not to) - and it didnt even cross my mind, but in January I claimed for a Windscreen replacement £50 cost to me, which did not affect my 3 years no claims, unfortunately this meant I had an extra claim onto my claim history. 1 accident in 2012, one in 2013 both my fault and a non fault accident in 2014 (not affecting no claims) - So upon renewal I had the letter with proof of no claims and at the top it read:

"Unfortunatly we are unable to obtain a renewal quote" - based on my current details.

It is clear that I no longer fit the requirements for the underwriters to now insure me.

Now I am concerned as I am submitting proof of no-claims to my new insurer who asked me if I have ever been refused, renewal refused, denied or had special terms on my car insurance.

I initially said no yesterday and I have been researching what this actually means and its got me really anxious now as I need my car to commute to work and had no intention of even renewing with Zenith...

I hope someone reading is able to clarify this situation.

Please help!
Page 1
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 17th Oct 16, 12:40 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    mattk_180
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:40 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:40 PM
    Just be honest and ring the new insurer and tell them about it.

Chances are they won't do anything as you simply fell outside the previous insurers criteria, which can be very common.

The worst thing to do would be to just ignore it. At least if, for some reason, they have a problem with it you can start arranging alternative cover instead of constantly being worried you are not insured.
    • nashau
    • By nashau 17th Oct 16, 8:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nashau
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:28 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:28 PM
    I rang up the old insurance, they said it was common and not a refusal in any way. Just that the criteria had changed and they were unable to offer a new quote. Therefore its all good... I can sleep well now haha
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,138Posts Today

6,044Users online

Martin's Twitter