Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • brovahelpa
    • By brovahelpa 16th Oct 16, 9:43 PM
    • 137Posts
    • 28Thanks
    brovahelpa
    Reg docs
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:43 PM
    Reg docs 16th Oct 16 at 9:43 PM
    I've just bought a hyundai from a dealer putting my old car in part exchange. The dealer gave me the V5C/2 part of the registration document. I've just been told they should also have given me the V5C/3 part to send to dvla. Is this correct ?
Page 1
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th Oct 16, 9:47 PM
    • 2,692 Posts
    • 2,489 Thanks
    Sleazy
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:47 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:47 PM
    What parts of the V5 did you give to the dealer from your part exchange?
    *** IF IN DOUBT, BLAME BREXIT ***
    • force ten
    • By force ten 16th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    • 1,557 Posts
    • 1,044 Thanks
    force ten
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    I've just bought a hyundai from a dealer putting my old car in part exchange. The dealer gave me the V5C/2 part of the registration document. I've just been told they should also have given me the V5C/3 part to send to dvla. Is this correct ?
    Originally posted by brovahelpa
    the V5C/3 is notification of selling a vehicle to the trade and that is what you should have kept off your V5 for the vehicle that you have traded in

what i would do is as soon as the office opens in the morning go online and declare that you have passed the vehicle to the trade this will stop the tax and you will get a partial refund of any unused months

www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

that is what the old yellow V5C/3 used to do
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

592Posts Today

3,456Users online

Martin's Twitter