Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Mr Poves
    • By Mr Poves 16th Oct 16, 8:38 PM
    • 165Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Mr Poves
    Beko dryer , any tech's that can advise please ?
    • 16th Oct 16, 8:38 PM
    Beko dryer , any tech's that can advise please ? 16th Oct 16 at 8:38 PM
    Hi , we got a beko condensing dryer about 18 mth's ago and it's been fine until the other day .
    It basically kept tripping the fusebox everytime the cycle started .
    I knew exactly what the problem was as our old hotpoint dryer used to collect water and the impeller fan would chuck it up and rot / short out the heater element .
    I've replaced it twice in 2 year's and in the end drilled a pilot hole in the bottom of the housing to allow moisture to drip away on it's own.
    Anyway the new one was full of water in the fan housing , I dried it out and the heater seemed to be working fine , I built it back up but the cycle is acting up , it runs for 20 secs then stops , then starts again and just sticks in the same 20 sec loop .
    The inside of the dryer drum is luke warm but nowhere near as hot as it should be .
    Is it possible the heater element and stats are kapput ? or is there a way of resetting it ?
    Possibly a load sense fault ?
    I'm on the verge of binning it , but don't wanna waste good money on a new heater element if it's something else .
    Thanks in advance for any advice .
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

858Posts Today

6,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Superb and chilling piece on #newsnight right now, animated reading from someone under ISIS rule in Mosul

• In my view that's a usually a mistake see my

• Does anyone know when we get US election results - ie is it a watch it overnight on morning of 9nov or watch the next day, or is it days?

• Follow Martin