Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gfplux
    • By gfplux 16th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 2,238Posts
    • 2,220Thanks
    gfplux
    Huawei P9 lite. Any reccomendations.
    • 16th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    Huawei P9 lite. Any reccomendations. 16th Oct 16 at 8:11 PM
    I am about to purchase (without contract) a new smart phone.
    I have over the years owned Apple iPhone 4s, Samsung Note 2 and most recently Samsung S5.
    I am no longer prepared to pay top prices for my phone and I am now VERY seriously just about to buy the Huawei P9 lite. 5.2 inch screen, 16gb internal memory with 3gb Ram.
    I will be buying this from a well known phone shop in Luxembourg where I live. It comes with a two year guarantee plus an extra year offered as a promotion from Huawei.
    Has anyone have experience of this phone.
    Thank you
    Last edited by gfplux; 16-10-2016 at 8:15 PM.
    I voted to remain. Now I look forward to the end of March 2017 when some of the uncertainty will disappear IF/PERHAPS/MAYBE article 50 is triggered.
Page 1
    • cookie365
    • By cookie365 16th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 1,553 Posts
    • 948 Thanks
    cookie365
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    Haven't used that particular phone, but have used a couple of other Huawei models, especially the Honor phones, and have been very happy indeed with them.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 17th Oct 16, 5:31 AM
    • 12,018 Posts
    • 11,407 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:31 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 5:31 AM
    I can't vouch for the P9 Lite but I have the P8 lite bought earlier this year (January) and it's a decent phone. I had the S3 before and it was a massive improvement- as a result it's unlikely I will go back to Samsung as the slowing over the 2 years I had it was crazy. I've noticed some slowing on the Huawei but nothing like the Samsung.

I've got mine in a simple leather type case and 0.9 thick glass screen protector (cheapest on Amazon at the time). I've dropped the handset a number of times and so far it's still working, not got cracks and appears a whole lot more sturdy than the S3 too.

My only hang-up with Huawei (which I suppose exists with many other mobile handset brands) is that once the next model comes up; don't expect any of the new Android updates- Huawei seem to totally drop everything and focus on the flagship handsets at the exclusion of all others they make. If you can live without Android 7 Nougat update you'll be fine. Otherwise wait for the next flagship or look to see if the Honor will be updated.

Oh and lack of accessories can be an issue if you liked that flexibility with the Samsung, most case designer brands seem to think only Apple and Samsung exist.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

312Posts Today

2,001Users online

Martin's Twitter