Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 16th Oct 16, 6:39 PM
    • 588Posts
    • 103Thanks
    GTR King
    Need advice?
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:39 PM
    Need advice? 16th Oct 16 at 6:39 PM
    ok so about 3-4 weeks ago I bought a nice new car..

So I decided to get a Car Charger (Didn't want to keep using my mums) for my iPhone 6. So I bought one from a phone shop in town (2 USB Slot car charger)...

I used it for a few days no problems, Then one Sunday when I used it to charge my iPhone 6, the car charger smoked quite a bit so i took it out... (Not used it since)

since then I have found out the car charger has fried my u2 Charging IC/U3 USB IC Fuse on my iPhone 6 (Another repair shop told me that)

Now my phone gets warm/drains very quickly do I have a leg to stand on....

I just want my iPhone to be fixed some how but don't want to be charged loads or wait 3-4 weeks as wanna sell it for full price or will I have to get used to it & take it for repair
Page 1
    • 19lottie82
    • By 19lottie82 17th Oct 16, 7:16 AM
    • 5,601 Posts
    • 8,579 Thanks
    19lottie82
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:16 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:16 AM
    Was it an official apple charger? I'm guessing not.

If you can get an engineers report stating that the charger damaged your phone then maybe you can take the manufacturers to the small claims but prob not worth the hassle? And I'm guessing they are most likely non U.K. Based anyway.

I'd just pay for it to be repaired and Take it as a life lesson not to buy cheap Chinese accessories with your phone.
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 17th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    • 588 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    GTR King
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:37 PM
    Yeah gonna sell iPhone 6 for £150 and cut my losses as I have iPhone 7 now
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,812Posts Today

7,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin