Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 16th Oct 16, 5:53 PM
    • 2,547Posts
    • 1,865Thanks
    BOBS
    IPod / Iphone 5 / Icloud
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:53 PM
    IPod / Iphone 5 / Icloud 16th Oct 16 at 5:53 PM
    Looking for some ideas what to try with my daughters Iphone.
    Basically she had an ipod and had lots of photos etc on it ...... acquired an iphone and on set up selected to sync with ipod which meant photos etc all going to both devices, icloud etc.
    Her phone has no storage left so I thought maybe check and see if photos on icloud we could leave them there linked to her ipod - then do a hard rest of her iphone and start with a her icloud login, email etc.
    Looked on icloud and no photos showing up - have checked settings and they should have transferred - not sure what way to proceed.
    Any ideas welcome!!
    Thank u
Page 1
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 16th Oct 16, 6:51 PM
    • 981 Posts
    • 3,074 Thanks
    cbrown372
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:51 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:51 PM
    Out of interest I just signed in to icloud on the laptop and my photos were showing up until March. Left it for a while and the rest of my photos have now uploaded to date. These are photos from an iphone and ipad.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 16th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 16th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    I have left phone and ipod both sitting on and icloud open on laptop and nothing uploading at all .
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 16th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    • 2,477 Posts
    • 635 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    On my iPhone SE: Settings - iCloud - turn on iCloud Photo Library which automatically uploads photos to iCloud. Also Settings - iCloud - Backup, turn on iCloud Backup but if you have iCloud Photo Library turned on photos are not backed up. There is free iCloud storage up to 5GB and after that you have to pay for more storage.

Also you can back up in iTunes on your own computer and store the photos on your own computer..
    Saving for Xmas 2017 - A pound a day - 30/365

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 17th Oct 16, 12:55 PM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:55 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:55 PM
    I have everything turned on and still nothing coming up on icloud. Work with a chromebook so no storage to keep photos on it. How long would photos stay on itunes ?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,506 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    Have you tried turning all the settings off and then turn them back on one at a time ie turn messaging on, then notes, then photos etc.

They sync across your wifi, may be worth turning that on and off too.
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 17th Oct 16, 2:36 PM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:36 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:36 PM
    Have done all this - its been ongoing for couple of months and keep hoping that it will sync itself - DD has turned everything on and off on both devices.... the icloud is only holding contacts from her old ipod and not new iphone device.
    Last edited by BOBS; 17-10-2016 at 2:37 PM. Reason: s
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Oct 16, 2:48 PM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,506 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:48 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 2:48 PM
    Have you tried asking at a genius bar or with Apple online?
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 17th Oct 16, 6:16 PM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:16 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 6:16 PM
    Whats s genius bar ?? - have posted the same question in apple forums but noone has replied yet
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 17th Oct 16, 9:11 PM
    • 2,477 Posts
    • 635 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Whats s genius bar ?? - have posted the same question in apple forums but noone has replied yet
    Originally posted by BOBS
    At an apple store. They employ geniuses who know everything and answer questions and help with your phone Usually an appointment is necessary and it's usually for technical support and repairs. Usually, depending on the store, mobile support is provided in the Family Room and not the Genius Bar. Confusing isn't it.
    http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Find a store
    http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/
    Saving for Xmas 2017 - A pound a day - 30/365

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 17th Oct 16, 9:18 PM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    BOBS
    At an apple store. They employ geniuses who know everything and answer questions and help with your phone Usually an appointment is necessary and it's usually for technical support and repairs. Usually, depending on the store, mobile support is provided in the Family Room and not the Genius Bar. Confusing isn't it.
    http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Find a store
    http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    Oh goodness didnt know i could do that - and we walked past our nearest Apple store on Saturday (which is 60 miles away!!)
    Ah well a wee shopping trip might be in order to get this sorted !!
    Thanks probably easier way to go
    CHEERS !!
    • letiss7
    • By letiss7 18th Oct 16, 1:09 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    letiss7
    A few weeks ago I wanted to know how to convert from one apple id to another. The articles on the forums didn't quite match my circumstances so weren't helpful. I noticed an option where someone from Apple would call you and help you out.
    I was a bit dubious as to how much it would cost but I gave it a go.
    I got someone calling me back within 5mins and was very helpful. In fact he didn't want to hang up and wanted to help me perform the changes on all of the Apple devices.
    The best part...there was no charge.
    No. 55 in the 'Save 12k for 2015' thread, £11000/£12000 as of Oct 31st
    No. 66 in the 'Save 12k for 2014' (£13675/£9000)
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 18th Oct 16, 6:15 PM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    BOBS
    A few weeks ago I wanted to know how to convert from one apple id to another. The articles on the forums didn't quite match my circumstances so weren't helpful. I noticed an option where someone from Apple would call you and help you out.
    I was a bit dubious as to how much it would cost but I gave it a go.
    I got someone calling me back within 5mins and was very helpful. In fact he didn't want to hang up and wanted to help me perform the changes on all of the Apple devices.
    The best part...there was no charge.
    Originally posted by letiss7
    will have to check that out - will update
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

1,113Users online

Martin's Twitter