Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Har1ech
    • By Har1ech 16th Oct 16, 4:52 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Har1ech
    Funds on completion
    • 16th Oct 16, 4:52 PM
    Funds on completion 16th Oct 16 at 4:52 PM
    Hi, I'm due to complete on my house purchase this Friday coming. I've had to put all my sparer cash into the deposit on exchange. I have planned that I've by house sold that I receive some of the equity to pay the the fees to solicitor etc at the end. When I complete, will I have the funds transferred to me, as well as to mortgage provider when I complete on my house purchase or when my buyer completes on buying my house?
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 16th Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    • 37,065 Posts
    • 40,993 Thanks
    G_M
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    You are selling, and buying?

At the same time?

Using the same conveyancer for both?

The conveyancer will use the money from the sale towards the purchase. However he will also need any extra cash required, in advance of Completion.

This means he'll need your mortgage funds released by the lender (he'll arrange this) + any cash you are putting up. This will need to cover:

* your purchase
    * the SDLT on your purchase
    * the conveyancer's fee
    * your estate agent's fee

All before Completion takes place.

He';; also need tp have enough t pay of any existing mortgage you have on your sale.
    • Har1ech
    • By Har1ech 16th Oct 16, 5:06 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Har1ech
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:06 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:06 PM
    Hi I am buying and selling at the same time and using the same solicitor for both. I'm putting down more than enough for the deposit on the property but when my house sells I am withdrawing some of the money that it went up in value by so i can pay the fees at the end and also gone improvements. I just want know if these will get transferred to me at the same time as the sale/purchase or if there will be delay.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 16th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    • 3,864 Posts
    • 3,437 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    Any surplus should be transferred to you almost immediately, you need to check with your solicitor if you need a better idea of timescales.
    • Har1ech
    • By Har1ech 16th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Har1ech
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    Excellent, thank you. I will double check this with my solicitor, I just need to know if I will need to borrow money on the day or not.
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 16th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 2,465 Posts
    • 1,751 Thanks
    lee111s
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    The solicitor will normally send any surplus back to you, minus their fee's At least that's how my solicitor works.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 16th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 37,065 Posts
    • 40,993 Thanks
    G_M
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    As explained, your soliciitor will receive

* the sale price of your current property
    * your new mortgage
    * any additional funds you need to give him to cover the outgoings below

On Completion he will use all this to
    * pay off your old mortgage
    * pay for your purchase
    * pay himslef his fee
    * pay the SDLT
    * pay your EA
    * pay any other associated expenses

Whatever is left over, he will give to you. He may
    * send you a cheque (a week or so)
    * make a CHAPS payment ( a day or two)
    * make some other kind of payment (?)

Ask him.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,838Posts Today

7,531Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin