Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • caveman38
    • By caveman38 16th Oct 16, 4:44 PM
    • 843Posts
    • 283Thanks
    caveman38
    VirginMedia am I being ripped off?
    • 16th Oct 16, 4:44 PM
    VirginMedia am I being ripped off? 16th Oct 16 at 4:44 PM
    I have been with VM for yonks , long before NTL and Encom.
    Friends think I'm a mug as I give them £125 a month and I would like some feedback as to what others with a similar package pay.
    I have the Big Kahuna Sports and Movies Bundle:
    Talk WE, 1 Additional V Box, Tivo, Sky Cinema 2, Sky Sports 1, SS HD Pack, Full TV (XL), V HD, Vivid 152, Sky Cinema 1 and Sky Sports2

For that they ask me for Big Kahuna £106.49 and Telephone Line Rental £17.99.

I don't use the landline and would appreciate your advice as to whether I'm paying too much and where I might save some money. Thanks.

I have to say that I am very happy with the service but not my bill.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 16th Oct 16, 7:53 PM
    • 17,248 Posts
    • 7,790 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 16th Oct 16, 7:53 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 7:53 PM
    Threaten to leave..
    • latecomer
    • By latecomer 17th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 4,586 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    latecomer
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    Well currently there is the MSE deal with Sky which gives all TV channels for £30 a month - you would need to add line rental, broadband and calls to that but should be in the region of £50 for ADSL broadband - fibre is probabyl slightly more. Either way its a lot less than £125
    • Cycrow
    • By Cycrow 17th Oct 16, 4:32 PM
    • 2,596 Posts
    • 1,473 Thanks
    Cycrow
    • 17th Oct 16, 4:32 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 4:32 PM
    You are paying too much. You basically have the VIP bundle without the upgraded broadband. Which costs £120 (including line rental)

so at the very least you should be able to switch to that and save £5/month.

but you could probably arrange a deal to get it even cheaper
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,364Posts Today

6,013Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin