Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jckfm
    • By jckfm 16th Oct 16, 3:32 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jckfm
    Whiplash - genuine! What to do?
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:32 PM
    Whiplash - genuine! What to do? 16th Oct 16 at 3:32 PM
    I have genuine whiplash after a minor accident last week - I'm not sure on what process I need to go through to claim?
    Advice anyone?
Page 1
    • ellay864
    • By ellay864 16th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    • 3,736 Posts
    • 4,351 Thanks
    ellay864
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    Who are you claiming against? If it was a car accident and the other driver at fault then your insurance can act against theirs. Was somebody else in some way responsible?
    2016, new hip, new resolve
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th Oct 16, 4:57 PM
    • 8,700 Posts
    • 48,376 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    • 16th Oct 16, 4:57 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 4:57 PM
    First point of call is your GP. (If you are claiming,Your insurers will ask you for a GP Report).

Then depending on the severity of your injuries your GP will instigate a course of treatment, usually Physio. If you are suffering from headaches your GP might want to organise an MRI scan to rule out head trauma.

I had a crash in July, fortunately no head trauma but severe neck And shoulder pain and headaches. I am having a course of Physio treatments, my insurance is covering the bill.

It's slow progress though, still in pain three months later.
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 16th Oct 16, 5:04 PM
    • 19,743 Posts
    • 12,111 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:04 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:04 PM
    If you contact a "No win no fee" solicitor they will normally deduct 25% of your compensation.

If you have Motor Insurance with Legal Cover, they should take on the case with no deduction of your compensation (Assuming motor accident).

Alternatively, if you are a member of a union or say the Civil Servants drivers club, they will normally take on the case with no deduction from your compensation
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,821Posts Today

7,309Users online

Martin's Twitter