Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • ronb62
    • By ronb62 16th Oct 16, 3:07 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Help- How to proceed
    • #1
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:07 PM
    Help- How to proceed 16th Oct 16 at 3:07 PM
    I purchased a car back in 2000 a Citroen Saxo from a company in Crewe called Caledonia- this ceased trading several years ago. The documentation I had I ditched after trading it in at a local Ford dealership for another car. My bank says as it's over 6 years ago they have no records of the finance company nor will any be available at the branch after this amount of time. Is it possible to pursue a claim?
    Advice on how to proceed please
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 16th Oct 16, 3:37 PM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 2,330 Thanks
    • #2
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:37 PM
    • #2
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:37 PM
    Assuming you mean you want to complain about PPI, in short, no.

    It's pre-2005 so pre-regulation, even if the company were still trading they could reject your complaint but as they aren't trading there is no-one to complain to. Your lack of documentation will also prevent it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,995Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

  • Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion!

  • Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties)

  • Follow Martin