Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WeAreGhosts
    • By WeAreGhosts 16th Oct 16, 2:35 PM
    • 2,123Posts
    • 23,596Thanks
    WeAreGhosts
    Mag Dailies - time for a change?
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:35 PM
    Mag Dailies - time for a change? 16th Oct 16 at 2:35 PM
    It's been brought to my attention that I don't update the Mag Dailies thread enough. To put things into context, when I took over in January I probably updated near enough every 24 hours, sometimes more if I were online a lot.

As the year's progressed, Real Life has taken over with illness and house renovations, meaning sometimes I simply don't have an internet connection at all, sometimes just a phone on which it is impossible to update the Mags list.

Updating began to average around 2-3 times a week, and I went AWOL for a week with an unscheduled hospital stay. And then a scheduled stay just after that ...

I know that come Nov/Dec Real Life will only get more hectic, and I don't want to have people being annoyed with me ...

So, if anyone wants to take over. That's fine. Leave a note below.

If not, I'll just continue doing as much as I can do (I really don't mind carrying on with it) and hope people can forgive the ad-hoc nature.
    I just want to make it clear that this is not my moan ...
Page 1
    • OneYorkshireLass
    • By OneYorkshireLass 16th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    • 2,820 Posts
    • 43,708 Thanks
    OneYorkshireLass
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:37 PM

more measured than I could have done

(Word doc.?)
    #TeamCarter
    • WeAreGhosts
    • By WeAreGhosts 16th Oct 16, 2:39 PM
    • 2,123 Posts
    • 23,596 Thanks
    WeAreGhosts
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:39 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:39 PM
    (Word doc.?)
    Originally posted by OneYorkshireLass
    Yes! ....
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 16th Oct 16, 2:44 PM
    • 133,796 Posts
    • 3,591,068 Thanks
    fire**fly
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:44 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:44 PM
    It's been brought to my attention that I don't update the Mag Dailies thread enough. To put things into context, when I took over in January I probably updated near enough every 24 hours, sometimes more if I were online a lot.

As the year's progressed, Real Life has taken over with illness and house renovations, meaning sometimes I simply don't have an internet connection at all, sometimes just a phone on which it is impossible to update the Mags list.

Updating began to average around 2-3 times a week, and I went AWOL for a week with an unscheduled hospital stay. And then a scheduled stay just after that ...

I know that come Nov/Dec Real Life will only get more hectic, and I don't want to have people being annoyed with me ...

So, if anyone wants to take over. That's fine. Leave a note below.

If not, I'll just continue doing as much as I can do (I really don't mind carrying on with it) and hope people can forgive the ad-hoc nature.
    I just want to make it clear that this is not my moan ...
    Originally posted by WeAreGhosts

well, i'm gobsmacked & I hope it's ok to add
    that whoever is complaining & bought it to
    your attention that they
    should try running the thread & not be so rude!
    I for one am very grateful for all the work you do on
    the thread & looking after it & my honest opinion is
    whoever it is/they are not happy with you I
    would tell them to politely
    go
    please keep up the great work x
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh
    ━☆.* fairysprinkles ★¸¸.☆.¸¸.*¨‘*
    all
    • ellie_the_owl
    • By ellie_the_owl 16th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 773 Thanks
    ellie_the_owl
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    I agree with Firefly, you do an amazing job and I'm always grateful!
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 16th Oct 16, 3:03 PM
    • 1,422 Posts
    • 48,784 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:03 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:03 PM
    You do a brilliant job, thank you for all you do.
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 16th Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 8,838 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    Ditto to all the above, and I add my heartfelt thanks for all you do. Maybe (trying to be the devil's advocate here), the person who is moaning assumes you are a paid team member? Some people just don't realise how much purely voluntary effort goes into this board. If they wouldn't consider 'working' for nothing it may not occur to them that others are willing to.
    • janE1956
    • By janE1956 16th Oct 16, 3:20 PM
    • 517 Posts
    • 6,812 Thanks
    janE1956
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:20 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:20 PM
    why can't people simple get ONE link from your thread? The other comps t each mag appear on the page, lots of the same answers so do not need each one up dating, whoever complains heed to 1 get a life or 2 do it themselves, ignore the idiots you are doing fine. Real life for most of us gets hectic this time of year, Keep on keeping on
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 16th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    • 3,522 Posts
    • 130,481 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    your attention that they
    go
    Originally posted by fire**fly
    My thoughts exactly!

• carol money saving newbie
    • By carol money saving newbie 16th Oct 16, 6:10 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    carol money saving newbie
    I don't comment on here much any more due to the constant backbiting but I would love to just say that you are doing a great job.I cannot see why anyone would complain to you. If you miss an update it isn't hard for anyone to realise there must be a problem. Thank you for all your effort in keeping the thread going.
    • brownhandbag
    • By brownhandbag 16th Oct 16, 6:15 PM
    • 1,628 Posts
    • 25,293 Thanks
    brownhandbag
    Dear WAG, you do a fab job! Whoever "brought it to your attn" is being v cheeky and they can bog off! If they don't like how things are done here than there are other comping sites they can use. BH xxx
    total wins 2013 £5500 total wins 2014 £7500
    total wins 2015 £23,903.68 Best win REAL DEAL £4320
    total wins 2016 £8931.50
    ITV Winners Club Member #131
    • cornishpasty1
    • By cornishpasty1 16th Oct 16, 6:44 PM
    • 22,291 Posts
    • 1,747,271 Thanks
    cornishpasty1
    I presume it was me you were referring to WAG?

I'm sorry as I was unaware of what was going on in your life at that time and I apologise, I didn't mean to cause offence I just asked if you could update more frequently at that time as it was becoming more and more difficult for me to see what needed to be posted as I had to have front page open to check there, also the last page open (sometimes over 2 last pages) to see what had been posted there, and what doesn't help is that the mag daily sites slip comps in (not necessarily on the end)

Thank you for doing what you are able to do WAG, I for one appreciate it, even though you probably don't get the recognition you deserve

I hope you are feeling better and that real life gets easier for you
    Huge thanks to all that contribute positively to the forums

• bishopsgirl
    • By bishopsgirl 16th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 1,657 Posts
    • 6,118 Thanks
    bishopsgirl
    your attention that they
    go
    Originally posted by fire**fly
    Hear Hear!!!!!
    Be Lucky Everyone
    • bishopsgirl
    • By bishopsgirl 16th Oct 16, 6:53 PM
    • 1,657 Posts
    • 6,118 Thanks
    bishopsgirl
    I think you do a GREAT job.
    Be Lucky Everyone
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 16th Oct 16, 7:02 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 75,203 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    A mega thanks from me for the updates, I always use the first page when doing mags and rarely look at the end of the thread.

I have a suggestion for the first page if you did decide to ditch it.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    • OneYorkshireLass
    • By OneYorkshireLass 16th Oct 16, 7:54 PM
    • 2,820 Posts
    • 43,708 Thanks
    OneYorkshireLass

it was becoming more and more difficult for me to see what needed to be posted as I had to have front page open to check there, also the last page open (sometimes over 2 last pages) to see what had been posted there, and what doesn't help is that the mag daily sites slip comps in (not necessarily on the end)
    Originally posted by cornishpasty1
    I'm genuinely befuddled by that .... having done the advents thread one year I gotta say, it ain't that difficult ... especially when you seem to be pretty proficent at comping and know how it all works.

Anyhow I don't think the intention was to have an argument, I think she just wanted to let people have the chance to take over if they thought they could keep up with the pace, but that it wasn't necessarily her choice ...
    #TeamCarter
    • lottie_19
    • By lottie_19 16th Oct 16, 8:29 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 1,809 Thanks
    lottie_19
    Thanks for everything you do. I've posted a grand total of about 20 competitions and that was hard enough.
    Wins since June 2016:
    Renshaw icing bundle, Finding Dory Game, kid's book, Vitamin D supplement, Zombie book, Gluten-free hamper, £50 Bon Marche voucher, £100 Morrisons voucher, Friendship book, £3 worth of Babybel cheese, craft fair tickets, more craft tickets,chess book Lavender toiletries, tickets to concert and pack of wool.
    • Glad
    • By Glad 16th Oct 16, 8:32 PM
    • 17,672 Posts
    • 37,822 Thanks
    Glad
    you do a great job WeAreGhosts it's voluntary and you should never get stressed over how much time you are able to put in
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
    • WeAreGhosts
    • By WeAreGhosts 16th Oct 16, 9:27 PM
    • 2,123 Posts
    • 23,596 Thanks
    WeAreGhosts
    Hello all. I appreciate people taking the time to reply and thank me - but honestly, I don't do it to be thanked or recognised. I'm just a small cog in a large wheel ... but thanks anyway

I've been pondering what to say, but it's a bit difficult talking around the subject ... I'm not about to circumnavigate the 'don't discuss PMs' rule.

Anyhow it wasn't just one instance, there's been another since which racked up my paranoia. I even had a mag dailies thread-related dream a few nights ago!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,443Posts Today

6,577Users online

Martin's Twitter