Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Abrielle
    • By Abrielle 16th Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    • 76Posts
    • 24Thanks
    Abrielle
    Sainsburys online shoppers penalised
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    Sainsburys online shoppers penalised 16th Oct 16 at 2:16 PM
    As we have no nearby store and no car at present, we have been shopping online at Sainsburys.
    Recently, we were given some Nectar vouchers along with our delivery. It appears that these can only be used in store, which seems rather unfair treatment of regular online customers.
    When we asked Sainsburys about this,we were told:

"We like to offer vouchers to all customers who shop with us. Many of our customers shop both online and instore therefore we provide both types of vouchers. Unfortunately these are non-transferable. However, we’re looking into combining vouchers so that they can be used both instore and online, you’ll be made aware if and when this is available to you."

As the vouchers were for 1000 Nectar points and Triple points on next shop, they would be worth having - if we were able to take advantage of them!
Page 1
    • duchy
    • By duchy 16th Oct 16, 2:19 PM
    • 17,839 Posts
    • 45,120 Thanks
    duchy
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:19 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:19 PM
    So it's good news they are reassessing their policy then
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

Apparently having a "Quirky and Hipster" wedding
    • Abrielle
    • By Abrielle 16th Oct 16, 2:26 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Abrielle
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:26 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:26 PM
    Definitely! The 'if and when' leaves me wondering though! �� Won't hold my breath.
    • duchy
    • By duchy 16th Oct 16, 2:30 PM
    • 17,839 Posts
    • 45,120 Thanks
    duchy
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:30 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:30 PM
    It's really no different to getting money off petrol vouchers when not having a car , or money off vouchers for nappies when your child is potty trained. Not all offers work for all people.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

Apparently having a "Quirky and Hipster" wedding
    • TheBanker
    • By TheBanker 16th Oct 16, 10:12 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 1,259 Thanks
    TheBanker
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:12 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:12 PM
    I only shop in store and often get £x off your first online shop vouchers at the checkout or emailed to me. It's swings and roundabouts - use the offers you want to use and ignore the ones you don't.
    Make £10 a day challenge: Oct-16: £88.79 / £310
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 20th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    • 599 Posts
    • 366 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 20th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    When I shop in store I often get a voucher for £10 off a £60 online shop, but if I can't use that in store are they penalising me?
    • Abrielle
    • By Abrielle 20th Oct 16, 12:28 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Abrielle
    • 20th Oct 16, 12:28 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 12:28 PM
    I managed to get into our nearest city by bus and into a Sainsbury's Local store and scanned my vouchers. Very happy!
    Then a couple of days later, I received an email from Nectar to say that Sainsburys have added 1500 bonus points to my Nectar account.
    I'm absolutely delighted and very impressed by their customer service in this matter.
    Thank you, Sainsburys!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,812Posts Today

7,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin