Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maujlp
    • By maujlp 16th Oct 16, 1:01 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    maujlp
    Charge Notice issued for stopping at Humberside Airport
    • 16th Oct 16, 1:01 PM
    Charge Notice issued for stopping at Humberside Airport 16th Oct 16 at 1:01 PM
    Hi,

I'm new to this but was wondering if anyone could help me out. I stopped my car for less than a minute in a no stopping zone at Humberside Airport. I didn't see any signs telling me I couldn't stop there and I wasn't parking. Vehicle Control Services have sent me a Charge Notice to which I have just appealed. I appealed on the same grounds as some of the other posts I have read here but am concerned that they may reject the appeal and not give me the chance to escalate it. Should I get the chance to appeal further I was hoping someone would be able to advise me as to how to make it as watertight as possible. It doesn't seem right that I can be expected to have entered into a parking contract when I stopped for less than a minute to pick up a waiting passenger so cannot reasonably have blocked anyone's path etc.

Thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

239Posts Today

2,213Users online

Martin's Twitter