Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SeptemberMay
    • By SeptemberMay 16th Oct 16, 12:15 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SeptemberMay
    Credit Builder Card with a CCJ
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:15 PM
    Credit Builder Card with a CCJ 16th Oct 16 at 12:15 PM
    Hi, I was just wondering as I've set up a DD for my CCJ to be paid off, I have about 6 months left on it and I'm looking to rebuild my credit back up. My question is should I apply for a credit builder credit card now or wait until the CCJ has been paid off? When they say CCJ no longer than 12 months, do they mean the date of issue or being paid off? I'm currently 14 months into paying mine. Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • cooltt
    • By cooltt 16th Oct 16, 11:25 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    cooltt
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:25 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:25 PM
    From date of settled.
    Also CCJ will show on your file for 6 years.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 17th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    • 2,471 Posts
    • 632 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    Hi, I was just wondering as I've set up a DD for my CCJ to be paid off, I have about 6 months left on it and I'm looking to rebuild my credit back up. My question is should I apply for a credit builder credit card now or wait until the CCJ has been paid off? When they say CCJ no longer than 12 months, do they mean the date of issue or being paid off? I'm currently 14 months into paying mine. Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by SeptemberMay
    Usually from the date of judgement but it varies and the information supplied by the credit card companies is often contradictory or incomplete. You need to contact the credit card company for clarification. Either that or just apply and see what happens. If you get declined then that's your answer.

The judgement will stay on the register of judgements for 6 years. However when it's paid off you can apply to have the judgement marked as satisfied.
    https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/ccjs-and-your-credit-rating
    Saving for Xmas 2017 - A pound a day - 30/365
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,424Posts Today

7,186Users online

Martin's Twitter