Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MichelleUK
    • By MichelleUK 16th Oct 16, 11:52 AM
    • 132Posts
    • 97Thanks
    MichelleUK
    Standard Life GPPP - Detailed Statements
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:52 AM
    Standard Life GPPP - Detailed Statements 16th Oct 16 at 11:52 AM
    I look after the pensions for both myself and my partner and have been spoiled by the details that I am able to get of our SIPP transactions.

I have just logged into my partners online Standard Life GPPP and all that it shows is the number of units held and the payments paid into the account. Is it possible to get statements that go into the details of prices paid, units and charges or is that all considered 'top secret' by pension providers?
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 85,111 Posts
    • 50,130 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    or is that all considered 'top secret' by pension providers?
    Not at all. However, they are not geared to provide the same level of data as SIPPs. They are geared to be low cost, low admin, simple options. Most of them run on software built decades ago when people didnt want that information. You find their newer version products nearly all have the data you see on SIPPs.

Its a bit like having a TV from 15 years ago and asking if it can show ultra HD widescreen with dolby digital sound and integrate netflix and amazon prime etc.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • MichelleUK
    • By MichelleUK 16th Oct 16, 9:39 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    MichelleUK
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:39 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:39 PM
    Not at all. However, they are not geared to provide the same level of data as SIPPs. They are geared to be low cost, low admin, simple options. Most of them run on software built decades ago when people didnt want that information. You find their newer version products nearly all have the data you see on SIPPs.

Its a bit like having a TV from 15 years ago and asking if it can show ultra HD widescreen with dolby digital sound and integrate netflix and amazon prime etc.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    It's probably for the best really, I probably spend too much time examining all of the fine details as it is.

Thanks for your help!
  • jamesd
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:52 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:52 PM
    You're getting all that SL provides for their GPP. You can get prices by looking at when instructions were given and doing reverse calculations to work out just which day things happened. If you were to ask they could probably tell you exactly. The newer version of the GPP screens with the pretty graph showing combined investment values over time doesn't provide what you're after either.

It's not so much hiding as it not being traditional and most people not really caring about such details.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,054Users online

Martin's Twitter