Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DD265
    • By DD265 16th Oct 16, 11:18 AM
    • 1,107Posts
    • 2,665Thanks
    DD265
    PayPal email notifications arriving late?
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:18 AM
    PayPal email notifications arriving late? 16th Oct 16 at 11:18 AM
    Has anybody else noticed that their PayPal email notifications are turning up sometimes days later than the transaction?

It seemed to go through a phase of this a few months ago, then righted itself, but today I've just received an email for a payment I made on Friday, and nothing yet for a payment I received overnight.

Wondering if it's just my account or a PayPal wide thing.
    Barclaycard: £1895.61/£2907.26 - 35% paid
    MBNA: £2,613.57/£3866.92 - 32% paid
Page 1
    • kalsha
    • By kalsha 16th Oct 16, 12:21 PM
    • 714 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    kalsha
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:21 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:21 PM
    It is not just you. I have noticed it as well. The last payment received I never got the email. It was only when I logged into ebay and saw that I have to post 1 item. To this day I still haven't received the notification.
    • sgh1976
    • By sgh1976 16th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    sgh1976
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    Not received a single PayPal payment email for any sale on ebay since yesterday lunchtime. Getting the ebay email to say an item has been sold.

Had a spell a few weeks ago where they arrived around 3 hours after the sale but this time just not arriving at all. Not even getting the Notification on my phone when payments have been received this time.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 16th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    • 3,973 Posts
    • 3,470 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    I also had this a few weeks ago. No PayPal notification and then suddenly one day they all came through. Then it worked. Now again not getting them this weekend. It seems to be weekends it happens for me, maybe a capacity issue at PayPal?
    • Art Vandelay
    • By Art Vandelay 16th Oct 16, 7:10 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 729 Thanks
    Art Vandelay
    • 16th Oct 16, 7:10 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 7:10 PM
    Had this on and off for years, not just exclusive to ebay purchases, sometimes making and receiving payments via other sites too, no emails or notifications received.

Logging directly into Paypal isn't always foolproof either; I get numerous notifications to check my Paypal message inbox - which is always totally empty!
    • ailey
    • By ailey 16th Oct 16, 9:54 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    ailey
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:54 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:54 PM
    I was just on here to put the same question. I thought I had blocked a real Paypal email thinking it was fake but glad to hear that it's a little glitch.

Some time ago, possibly a year or two years ago, I remember reading that we should only send parcels to the buyer's address we received in the email which pulled through from Paypal as sometimes the EBay one was not the address for posting to. I could never get my head around this unless some people had a registered address which would be their home address and the Paypal address might have been a work address which they liked all their parcels posted to.

I'm hoping if I wrap my parcels tonight and put the address from EBay which has pulled through with the sale that they will be correct. I do double check and it's quite a while since I've had 2 different addresses for the one buyer. Does anyone else find that the addresses occasionally differ?
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Oct 16, 9:58 PM
    • 57,697 Posts
    • 40,784 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:58 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:58 PM
    I was just on here to put the same question. I thought I had blocked a real Paypal email thinking it was fake but glad to hear that it's a little glitch.

Some time ago, possibly a year or two years ago, I remember reading that we should only send parcels to the buyer's address we received in the email which pulled through from Paypal as sometimes the EBay one was not the address for posting to. I could never get my head around this unless some people had a registered address which would be their home address and the Paypal address might have been a work address which they liked all their parcels posted to.

I'm hoping if I wrap my parcels tonight and put the address from EBay which has pulled through with the sale that they will be correct. I do double check and it's quite a while since I've had 2 different addresses for the one buyer. Does anyone else find that the addresses occasionally differ?
    Originally posted by ailey
    It is rare, but not impossible for the addresses to differ, however the PayPal address will show if you log into your PayPal account, you don't need the email at all.

I have several different addresses on my PayPal account as I send things to my mother (or rather I used to) and my sons and I just choose the address I want to use when I check out.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ailey
    • By ailey 16th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    ailey
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    It is rare, but not impossible for the addresses to differ, however the PayPal address will show if you log into your PayPal account, you don't need the email at all.

I have several different addresses on my PayPal account as I send things to my mother (or rather I used to) and my sons and I just choose the address I want to use when I check out.
    Originally posted by soolin

Thanks so much for that, soolin. I think I'm getting more dumb as I'm getting older lol!!!! I never actually thought on doing that as a comparison. Having too many senior moments these days! That's a really good help. Now I can wrap my parcels with no worry. Much appreciated.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
    • martindow
    • By martindow 17th Oct 16, 10:46 AM
    • 6,625 Posts
    • 3,588 Thanks
    martindow
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:46 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 10:46 AM
    I had a website order yesterday morning paid by paypal. Logging into PP the transaction was showing immediately and I did a partial refund as agreed with the buyer.

This morning, over 24 hours later, I got the email saying that the original payment had been made. Nothing as yet regarding the refund.
    • Pierre De Grenoble
    • By Pierre De Grenoble 17th Oct 16, 12:01 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    Pierre De Grenoble
    I've had two paypal emails this morning both relating to Sat morning and 48hrs late. Loads still missing though..
    • DD265
    • By DD265 17th Oct 16, 12:21 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 2,665 Thanks
    DD265
    I just got a notification on my phone from the app 24 hours late as well.

Will keep an eye on my actual account for a while me thinks and not rely on notifications/emails.

I can live with the momentary panic when I see a "you made a payment" email and wonder who's been using my account, before reading further and realising it was a payment I made some time ago.
    Barclaycard: £1895.61/£2907.26 - 35% paid
    MBNA: £2,613.57/£3866.92 - 32% paid
    • sgh1976
    • By sgh1976 17th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    sgh1976
    Been getting emails since around 2am today and I am now up to around 11am yesterday morning.

Any sales today I am still not getting the notifications.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

3,965Users online

Martin's Twitter