Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • *Rainbow*Warrior*
    • By *Rainbow*Warrior* 16th Oct 16, 10:42 AM
    • 307Posts
    • 56Thanks
    *Rainbow*Warrior*
    Can a blocked bidder send offer on BIN?
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:42 AM
    Can a blocked bidder send offer on BIN? 16th Oct 16 at 10:42 AM
    Used to have problems with auction listings when winning bidders did a vanishing act. Now I'm getting people sending me offers on BINs, I accept and THEN they disappear off the face of the Earth

So, just adding the latest one to the blocked bidders list and notice the name of the one before is in my blocked bidders list twice.

I usually add the newest one to the end, this one appears about 5 bidders back and again at the end. Now I know it's possible I made a mistake... but it set me wondering, can a blocked bidder still send offers on BINs?

And if they can, is there some other way to stop them?
Page 1
    • Art Vandelay
    • By Art Vandelay 16th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 729 Thanks
    Art Vandelay
    • 16th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    If they're blocked, I'm pretty sure they are unable to offer or buy one of your BIN listings.

Having said that, as discussed frequently on here, many people openly make use of multiple ebay accounts.

Blocking is enough of a deterrent to most ebayers, chances are they will move on quick enough. However you ask is there another way to stop them - I'm not sure you can ever be 100% totally foolproof when blocking bidders.
    • samsung laptop
    • By samsung laptop 17th Oct 16, 9:03 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    samsung laptop
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:03 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:03 AM
    I don't know if a blocked buyer can still send offers on buy it now but I do know if a buyer have been blocked they can still can add an item to there basket but they cannot buy off you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

431Posts Today

1,798Users online

Martin's Twitter