Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • first78
    • By first78 16th Oct 16, 10:33 AM
    • 706Posts
    • 350Thanks
    first78
    Vacuum recommendations
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:33 AM
    Vacuum recommendations 16th Oct 16 at 10:33 AM
    I need a good vacuum cleaner as I've got a Labrador that constantly moults. Downstairs is laminate flooring and upstairs is carpet so ideally need something that will be effective on both. Thought I could save up now and maybe grab a bargain in the January sales.
Page 2
    • andrewf75
    • By andrewf75 17th Oct 16, 4:30 PM
    • 6,482 Posts
    • 10,744 Thanks
    andrewf75
    The whole escalating wattage was effectively just for marketing spiel.

"49000W of raw power!"
    "Now with 50000W of power!"

In reality, the EU limit just ends the nonsense.

Also, Henry.
    Originally posted by Grenage
    Was just about to post similar. The idea that regulations do anything other than protect the consumer is ridiculous. The sensationalist media have a lot to answer for!
    • glasgowdan
    • By glasgowdan 17th Oct 16, 4:35 PM
    • 1,462 Posts
    • 1,555 Thanks
    glasgowdan
    I'm super happy with Henry. It feels solid, simple and powerful. No faffing about, funny nozzles and gadgets to go wrong. And I'm not afraid to bash it around a bit, knowing if anything breaks it'll be easily available.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 18th Oct 16, 10:21 AM
    • 2,871 Posts
    • 1,470 Thanks
    lstar337
    Henry is the best!
    • wrightk
    • By wrightk 18th Oct 16, 11:01 AM
    • 928 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    wrightk
    Im using a vax multivax 3in1 which was originally just for valeting the car. I did have a vax upright but they aren't as powerful. EU regs dont cover the 3in1 machines as far as im aware and the machine does everything shampoos carpets, wet vac, dry vac, even stuck the nozzle up the chimney the other day whilst sweeping it. It never clogs or kicks up a fuss, and the bags are still reasonably priced/available in asda
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 18th Oct 16, 2:05 PM
    • 20,815 Posts
    • 83,713 Thanks
    Davesnave
    The sensationalist media have a lot to answer for!
    Originally posted by andrewf75
    I'm trying hard to remember all those instances of sensational media coverage regarding morally degenerate celebs and their souped-up vacuum cleaners, but try as I might.....

Phoning the doc. Alzheimers has obviously set in early here.....
    'Only the mediocre are always at their best.' Jean Giraudoux
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,103Posts Today

7,467Users online

Martin's Twitter