Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• jam_rs
    • By jam_rs 16th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Proof of funds for solicitor
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:55 AM
    Proof of funds for solicitor 16th Oct 16 at 9:55 AM
    Hi all,

In the process of going through a mortgage etc at the moment, doing all the paperwork for the solicitor and it says :

In accordance with Money Laundering Regulations we are required to obtain evidence of where money you are paying to us in connection with this matter has been obtained from. Please provide us with written confirmation of how these monies were obtained. Please also provide us with evidence that these monies are held in your Bank account as cleared funds by producing a copy of your bank statement with your letter.
    For our deposit, some is from me and some from my partner, of course statements are pretty straight forward for proof of funds, but the written confirmation, is that just a simple as writing out a quick letter saying that it has come from savings?

So far its the only thing I'm not to sure on!
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 16th Oct 16, 10:05 AM
    • 8,711 Posts
    • 3,273 Thanks
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:05 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:05 AM
    Statements are the proof. Hopefully as you are both providing deposit, you are both purchasing?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • jam_rs
    • By jam_rs 16th Oct 16, 10:07 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:07 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:07 AM
    Yes, both purchasing.
    • exiled_red
    • By exiled_red 16th Oct 16, 10:13 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:13 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:13 AM
    We just gave them a copy of the recent bank statements showing the money in my account and my partners account and this was all they needed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,146Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter