Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • frank777
    • By frank777 16th Oct 16, 9:16 AM
    • 286Posts
    • 133Thanks
    frank777
    Black Cab - Seat Belts
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:16 AM
    Black Cab - Seat Belts 16th Oct 16 at 9:16 AM
    Just watched BBC News channel - The Heroes Parade route Manchester - noticed that the passengers didn't wear their seat belts - should you wear seat belts as a passenger in a black cab?
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 16th Oct 16, 9:27 AM
    • 15,026 Posts
    • 9,380 Thanks
    molerat
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:27 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:27 AM
    According to ROSPA yes
    Taxis Licensed taxi drivers are exempt from wearing a seat belt when 'plying for trade' or carrying passengers.
    Passengers using taxis and private hire vehicles MUST wear a seat belt.
    http://www.rospa.com/road-safety/advice/vehicles/in-car-safety-and-crashworthiness/seat-belts-law/
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 16th Oct 16, 9:38 AM
    • 8,574 Posts
    • 5,607 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:38 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:38 AM
    Just watched BBC News channel - The Heroes Parade route Manchester - noticed that the passengers didn't wear their seat belts - should you wear seat belts as a passenger in a black cab?
    Originally posted by frank777
    Legally, yes but in reality how many of us do and I doubt very few, if any, get prosecuted.
    • Head The Ball
    • By Head The Ball 16th Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    • 1,794 Posts
    • 3,822 Thanks
    Head The Ball
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    Originally posted by frank777
    I don't know the precise details of seat belt law but I always wear a seat belt if one is available, and I did so long before any laws were introduced.
    When I was growing up plastic surgery was a bit of a taboo subject. These days if you mention botox no one raises an eyebrow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,294Posts Today

6,541Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted to see the House of Lords taking up to cudgels to fight the disgraceful retrospective hike in student loa? https://t.co/buXWSlgXoj

• RT @politicshome: Cabinet splits on foreign students re-emerge as Amber Rudd admits there are 'differing views' https://t.co/XYivypL5Cc htt?

• For me capping the number of legitimate foreign Uni students is a mistake. Its one of our strong exports & boosts UK soft power around world

• Follow Martin