Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 16th Oct 16, 8:41 AM
    • 5,816Posts
    • 10,405Thanks
    GlasweJen
    PIP review period?
    • 16th Oct 16, 8:41 AM
    PIP review period? 16th Oct 16 at 8:41 AM
    I got an 18 month award in June, backdated to March.

I'd read on here to expect a review a year before my award expired but haven't heard a thing from the DWP and I only have 11 months left. Should I call the DWP to find out what's going on or are they less likely to send for a review so soon after a tribunal?
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
Page 1
    • Diary
    • By Diary 17th Oct 16, 7:41 AM
    • 416 Posts
    • 458 Thanks
    Diary
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:41 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:41 AM
    Dwp can - and do in some cases - review pip awards at anytime during the life of the claim and have been reviewing a year before your Pip ends but don't have to.

Do nothing at all unless you really want a review or your circumstances have changed.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
    • dipsy
    • By dipsy 17th Oct 16, 3:48 PM
    • 2,942 Posts
    • 9,640 Thanks
    dipsy
    • 17th Oct 16, 3:48 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 3:48 PM
    I had a tribunal in 2014 and the month after I got a renewal form

I don't think there is any set process

I had my PIP, awarded till 07/09/17, they said they wouldn't review me until after 07/09/16 on the 10/09/16 I got my renewal pack

That was scanned on first week in october and now awaiting a f2f date

I wouldn't stress, maybe give them a call at the 2 month point if you haven't heard anything, but for now I would just leave it unless as diary says your circumstances have changed
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,352Posts Today

6,710Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @speirin: @MartinSLewis now thats a blast from the past ???? https://t.co/5cSz1aNWFz

• Have you set the Betamax? Tonight 8pm ITV The Martin Lewis Money Show - if ur married, and/or got kids and/or get tax credits - a must watch

• On my way to @thismorning today "Is a shop telling you porkies" - how to tell your consumer rights from consumer wrongs...

• Follow Martin