Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Backpackerjayme
    • By Backpackerjayme 16th Oct 16, 3:33 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Backpackerjayme
    0 WOW
    Hidden City 2nd leg of Connection
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:33 AM
    0 WOW
    Hidden City 2nd leg of Connection 16th Oct 16 at 3:33 AM
    Hi Guys

If i take a flight from London (LHR) to Bangkok (BKK), it routes LHR > HAN> BKK However, it has a 4hour layover at Hanoi. If I want to just get off at HAN and switch carriers, can I just walk away from the second leg?

Obviously I will be taking carry on baggage

What problems could i face? will my return from Bangkok be cancelled?

Regards,

Jamie
Page 1
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 16th Oct 16, 3:45 AM
    • 1,752 Posts
    • 742 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:45 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:45 AM
    A passenger's remaining ticket itinerary is automatically cancelled by the airline if they fail to travel on one of the legs. It's not totally clear what you are planning and how you are ticketed. There may also be an issue with Vietnamese immigration if you need to enter the country to access the other carrier.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 16th Oct 16, 6:51 AM
    • 923 Posts
    • 630 Thanks
    Westin
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:51 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:51 AM
    +1 on above.

I would not risk doing this as it is highly likely that all remaining sectors of your ticket (the return to the UK included) will automatically cancelled by the airline.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 16th Oct 16, 1:39 PM
    • 11,041 Posts
    • 7,391 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 16th Oct 16, 1:39 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 1:39 PM
    +1 on above.

I would not risk doing this as it is highly likely that all remaining sectors of your ticket (the return to the UK included) will automatically cancelled by the airline.
    Originally posted by Westin
    Not just "highly likely", but that is what happens.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 16th Oct 16, 2:04 PM
    • 9,975 Posts
    • 6,526 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:04 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 2:04 PM
    If you have already purchased this ticket and now you wish to change your plans then you will need to contact the airline to see if you can pay to have the ticket changed to miss out the sectors you no longer wish to take.
    Assuming your fare allows changes you will likely have the minimum of a change fee to pay with a possible fare difference also (less flights does not equate to cheaper fare)
    • alanrowell
    • By alanrowell 16th Oct 16, 10:19 PM
    • 5,239 Posts
    • 1,997 Thanks
    alanrowell
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:19 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:19 PM
    You will still have to meet the requirements for entry to Thailand as otherwise you won't be allowed to board. But as others have said, once you miss a leg the remaining legs are cancelled
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,364Posts Today

6,013Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin