Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Batman 100
    • By Batman 100 15th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    • 163Posts
    • 55Thanks
    Batman 100
    Only worked 29.75 hours this week, do I need to inform tax credits?
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    Only worked 29.75 hours this week, do I need to inform tax credits? 15th Oct 16 at 11:37 PM
    Hi

I usually work a 30 hour week, but one of the days this week due to circumstances beyond my control I was 15 minutes late for work and lost 15 minutes pay.

Because I only worked 29.75 hours this week do I need to inform HMRC with regard to tax credits or will they turn a blind eye to this if it's only a one off?
Page 1
    • JoanneNotts
    • By JoanneNotts 17th Oct 16, 12:01 PM
    • 853 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    JoanneNotts
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:01 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 12:01 PM
    No you will be ok. An hour change has to be for 4 weeks or more before you have to report it.
    I only comment on posts I have relevant understanding and knowledge of, I have worked as a Payroll Clerk for 19 Years first in Recruitment now in the Voluntary Sector. Had all sorts of battles over the Years with Housing Benefits, Tax Credits and got over £2000 compensation from CSA when they got it wrong for 2 Years Now CIPP qualified!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,074Posts Today

7,796Users online

Martin's Twitter